Glass Bottom Boat

TardisDance

Anyone have any recommendations for companies that run glass bottom boat cruises? I'm not into snorkeling, so I would want to do the basic cruise.

I want to do one of these on my last day. I will be on the NCL Breakaway, so I want to stick close to the dockyard so I don't miss the ship. I've already been to the naval museum, so I want to try something new.

NCL has one for $54 pp for 90 min. Considering that I've seen some tours for $35, it sounds a bit overpriced. Any suggestions?

Anyone have any recommendations for companies that run glass bottom boat cruises? I'm not into snorkeling, so I would want to do the basic cruise.

I want to do one of these on my last day. I will be on the NCL Breakaway, so I want to stick close to the dockyard so I don't miss the ship. I've already been to the naval museum, so I want to try something new.

NCL has one for $54 pp for 90 min. Considering that I've seen some tours for $35, it sounds a bit overpriced. Any suggestions?

There are a couple of companies that offer Glass Bottom Boat Tours from the Dockyard. One of them is named "Fantaseas Boat Tours." I am not sure of what the other ones are. There are Kiosks at the Dockyard that you can make reservations when you leave the ship. I have seen prices of about $20-$30 posted here on Cruise Critic. Some people post back that they were disappointed in what they were able to see and others seem happy. I have seen one talked about that does night time tours and they shine lights down into the water for better viewing.

We just did this last week on the Reef Explorer. We did the snorkeling but people on board could choose not to snorkel and pay less. Through the glass bottom you can see the coral and fish but it's tinted green so you're not seeing their true colors. They did give us bread to feed the fish though and that was a lot of fun.

It was a great tour and I can highly recommend them.

We are thinking of doing the Reef Explorer snorkeling in a couple of weeks. Did the boat drop you in 3 ft of water as they advertise? Also did you book ahead online or when you arrived in Bermuda? Thanks a lot for the information!

We are thinking of doing the Reef Explorer snorkeling in a couple of weeks. Did the boat drop you in 3 ft of water as they advertise? Also did you book ahead online or when you arrived in Bermuda? Thanks a lot for the information!

Yes absolutely. It was 3 feet. You can go out deeper if you wish but it's easy if you have kids or someone brand new to snorkeling. There was a lady who was traveling to watch her grandchildren and she swore she wasn't going to go. Once we got there, they made her comfortable enough and she had a blast.

I booked ahead just so I had the time and day we wanted but there was still space available and several people were walk ups. We all agreed it was one of the best excursions we've ever been on.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have.

I also recommend the reef explorer. Great service and overall experience. They also had us snorkel in shallow water, which was great for my husband who doesn't swim, but I could go out to deeper areas. They also had noodles and a paddle board. I booked in advance.

Does reef explorer have anything out of the royal dockyard? I only saw Hamilton listed on their site. Since I plan to do this on my last day there, I don't want to risk missing the ferry back.

I think they are only out of Hamilton.

Edited by Juvesgirl
Typo

What time is the morning excursion? We will be docked in Hamilton so that will be very convenient. What is the cost for adults? On one website it was $55 and another website it was $65. I just want to make sure I book the right one. Thanks!

What time is the morning excursion? We will be docked in Hamilton so that will be very convenient. What is the cost for adults? On one website it was $55 and another website it was $65. I just want to make sure I book the right one. Thanks!

Go to their site http://bermudareefexplorer.com/glass-bottom-tours/ and choose the tour you want then you choose reserve now. Put in your dates and it will give you the time. They vary by day. Book on their site for $55. That's what I did.