Just Snagged A Scenic Ocean View For Our 9/11 Sunshine Cruise

jenne252

I am SO glad to hear this!!! I love that the windows never have to be closed unless you want darkness. I had read that it's required to have them closed at night bc of safety concerns?? Is that just a thing of the past??

I'm not sure it's a thing of the past. it might be a thing of the Sunshine.

Even though it say you have to close the windows at night. ( valor Glory) you can have them open if you have the light off at night. It's a great view with the moon light filtering into the cabin. It's so nice.

I think you will fall in love with these cabins,

Not true. We booked cabin 9107 on the Sunshine. I continued to do mock bookings and see if by some chance we would get price drop. One day cabin 9126 opened up and was available. I think the confusion when booking on Carnival's website is these categories are almost always not included in promotional fares. If you search by early saver or past guest they show up.

OP, these rooms are fantastic! You don't have to close the shades at night as you may read on older posts. The room never gets hot. The window is tinted and no one can see in from the outside either. Also, these rooms include a mini fridge.

We decided to stay in 9107 because 9126 had a double sofa bed and no upper bunk. Our kiddos need their own beds.

Here's our view of Grand Turk last month!

[ATTACH]352917[/ATTACH]

By my experience, and I've booked a 6k twice, I have never seen it on the Carnival site. And I even tried searching using the most expensive fun select rate. So in my experience what I said is true.

Obviously the OP booked the room, and I just wouldn't worry about being bumped. I think I recall someone on here being able to book the quad Freedom 6k for two as well. And others on here have posted similar luck. If this is for September of this year, maybe they went ahead and released the occupancy restrictions. September is not far away.

I'm not sure it's a thing of the past. it might be a thing of the Sunshine.

Even though it say you have to close the windows at night. ( valor Glory) you can have them open if you have the light off at night. It's a great view with the moon light filtering into the cabin. It's so nice.

I think you will fall in love with these cabins,

We would raise them at night once the kiddos went to sleep and we turned the tv off. I never spent so much time staring out of a window! :p

By my experience, and I've booked a 6k twice, I have never seen it on the Carnival site. And I even tried searching using the most expensive fun select rate. So in my experience what I said is true.

Obviously the OP booked the room, and I just wouldn't worry about being bumped. I think I recall someone on here being able to book the quad Freedom 6k for two as well. And others on here have posted similar luck. If this is for September of this year, maybe they went ahead and released the occupancy restrictions. September is not far away.

ImageUploadedByForums1434898697.743765.jpg.4982c161a8d0dad69e96ad511f540faf.jpg

I just did a mock booking on a random date on the Sunshine and the category 6J and 6Ks are available.

They are most definitely available to be booked online without any help if they're available.

[ATTACH]353005[/ATTACH]

I just did a mock booking on a random date on the Sunshine and the category 6J and 6Ks are available.

They are most definitely available to be booked online without any help if they're available.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just going by my experience. Once you click on scenic, again in my experience, you only get the option of available 6js. Grand scenics are a different room type. If all 3 are open and available, it should show oceanview, scenic oceanview, and Grand scenic ocean view. I always have to go to my TA website to see if they are available.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I've only ever stayed very far aft. Room 2470 on Valor

I think these are one of the best keep secret on the Conquest class ships for the price

2470 & 2473.

We almost always stay in these rooms when possible. For the price of a regular 6B OV cabin 300+ sq ft 2 windows,

As a matter of fact we have 2470 for our upcoming cruise in July.

This is what I'm torn about for next fall (2016) on the Sunshine New England cruise.

I really want to grab a 4J, Love the location. However since they are quads we could be moved.

We could go ahead and get the big room 6B (2340 &2341 Sunshine)

If we go for a 4J and get bumped we could end up with the lowest level outside.

Oh's me the stress of it all :rolleyes:

I think these are one of the best keep secret on the Conquest class ships for the price

2470 & 2473.

We almost always stay in these rooms when possible. For the price of a regular 6B OV cabin 300+ sq ft 2 windows,

This is what I'm torn about for next fall (2016) on the Sunshine New England cruise.

I really want to grab a 4J, Love the location. However since they are quads we could be moved.

I loved that room also! If one of the similar ones would have been available we would have been booked there and none the wiser abt the scenic bc I wouldn't have paid to move!

The bumping on CCL, I'm not sure I understand. I can see being bumped out of a handicapped room if that is needed but honestly I don't understand why they would let two book in a room and then move them if someone who has four wants to book. I had difficulty getting two quads and guess what? I ended up having to book 3 triples. If the quad thing is that big of a deal, then they shouldn't let doubles book them period. Just my opinion but I would be REALLY upset if I booked and paid for a particular room then was bumped.

On other lines I have heard of them calling people to see if they would voluntarily release their room for another but I have not heard of actual bumping unless, of course, it was in the case of a handicapped room being needed.

If I know I need quads then I need to book early to get them or make the necessary adjustments.

The bumping on CCL, I'm not sure I understand. I can see being bumped out of a handicapped room if that is needed but honestly I don't understand why they would let two book in a room and then move them if someone who has four wants to book. I had difficulty getting two quads and guess what? I ended up having to book 3 triples. If the quad thing is that big of a deal, then they shouldn't let doubles book them period. Just my opinion but I would be REALLY upset if I booked and paid for a particular room then was bumped.

On other lines I have heard of them calling people to see if they would voluntarily release their room for another but I have not heard of actual bumping unless, of course, it was in the case of a handicapped room being needed.

If I know I need quads then I need to book early to get them or make the necessary adjustments.

I agree with you, especially since I wasn't even told 9126 was a quad and I could be bumped. I only learned that here!

That being said I would be pretty hesitant to give up my Grand Scenic OV for anything except maybe a Spa Suite, if it was voluntary and I didn't get charged and the spa package came with!

I've stayed in 9201 on the Valor, and have 9201 booked on the Glory.

Definately a "Honeymoon worthy" room.

Heres a couple of pics of the same room on the Conquest. Grand Scenic Oceanview, on Lido, next to the Captains Suite. So I think this should be very similiar.

IMG_4888_zpskakxh1ir.jpg

IMG_4847_zpsqcbqxa9a.jpg

IMG_4851_zps7cgzt4ts.jpg

IMG_4849_zpstpk3rnl8.jpg

Wow..that is the room that I scored for our Conquest cruise next year. Thanks for posting pics!

2470 & 2473.

The 4J on Empress and Upper are not quads...at least the ones I have stayed in are not. (on Sunshine)

Super jealous! I had a 6k booked for our honeymoon cruise on the valor out of San Juan for nearly 2 years before our sept 2015 cruise, but lost it when they did the last dancing of ships. We were upgraded to a balcony on lido but it just isn't the same.

The 4J on Empress and Upper are not quads...at least the ones I have stayed in are not. (on Sunshine)

I forgot all about those.

I like the 4J's on deck 3 for the location.

Also being a smoker (i know i know) I can pop right out the door and have one.

All the 4 J's on deck 3 are quads

Just chiming in regarding the 4j on the Sunshine lobby deck. I really don't think there is much of a chance you would get kicked out if they are allowing you to book it. For our Thanksgiving cruise when a lot of families were cruising our family of 4 was booked in 1 of these-they would only show up when I tried booking us all in 1 cabin. About a month before our cruise they opened up as double rooms so we ended up changing to 2 connecting rooms. For our August cruise on the Sunshine it is showing several of these available (we are staying in a Lido balcony this time. I think there are many quads on the Sunshine so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I did like the location and easy access to outside.

Just chiming in regarding the 4j on the Sunshine lobby deck. I really don't think there is much of a chance you would get kicked out if they are allowing you to book it. For our Thanksgiving cruise when a lot of families were cruising our family of 4 was booked in 1 of these-they would only show up when I tried booking us all in 1 cabin. About a month before our cruise they opened up as double rooms so we ended up changing to 2 connecting rooms. For our August cruise on the Sunshine it is showing several of these available (we are staying in a Lido balcony this time. I think there are many quads on the Sunshine so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I did like the location and easy access to outside.

That is nice to know! I was semi nervous of getting booted out of 3116 for a Deck 1 OV as an upgrade.

I think you made the right move spending the money on the one you got. Looks awesome!

I feel I'm so used to lighting money on fire thanks to this wedding that I didn't even think abt the $, just was like yeap, sold! haha. But seriously, I am SO glad I didn't let it pass me by!!!