Yet Another HMC Cabana Question

mejoe39

I have been to Half Moon Cay several times in the past and rented a Cabana but never encountered the following situation:

On this message board a couple noted that they rented a particular cabana but when they got there it was occupied by another group. The other group claimed it was theirs and that the couple must be mistaken about the cabana number. The couple felt that the group just wanted that particular cabana because there was a hammock tied to a couple trees right next to it.

So my question is, in this situation who do you go to? I know you have to check in at a hut when you first get to HMC and they can tell you what your cabana number is. But is there someone to remove squatters if needed?

Joe

I've had a cabana a couple of times.

I go to the Excursion Desk upon boarding and request the cabana number and that number appears on the ticket.

During HMC day, someone comes around and collects the ticket.

I don't see how there can be any confusion.

I don't know who you would go to in the situation you've described.

I had to go to the excursion desk and choose my cabana number. First come first serve.

When I got to the island, we had to check in at the excursion desk and give them our ticket.

When we got to the cabana, they had written "Welcome XX XX" on a chalkboard.

If someone else is in the cabana, then you could go back to the excursion desk just inside the courtyard where you get off the tender and tell them.

That doesn't sound right to me either. I had my ticket and I'm sure they wrote the number when I was assigned. My name was also on the chalkboard. And they came around for the ticket later in the day.

And I never checked in anywhere, went directly to our cabana.

So, what was her outcome? They had to have found someone from the ship in charge to fix the issue.

Sorry, I may have confused things somewhat because the last time I had a cabana on HMC it was on a Holland America Cruise. On Holland America they let you choose which cabana (by color) that you want when you initially pay for the excursion. They don't make you go to the shore excursion desk when you get on the ship because you already made your selection.

But also, there was no ticket given out as proof as to which cabana you purchased.

Joe