Solstice

bcgolfer

We are going on the Solstice Vancouver to Hawaii in September 2016. Has anyone been on this cruise? Are there any reviews out there for the aft cabins? Maybe more specifically the Sunset Verandas on deck 7.

I'm on this tour this year in September. It will be my first time on the Solstice but 5th Celebrity cruise. Don't know about your cabin question. We usually do Concierge class. If you want to give me your email address, I'd be happy to tell you about the cruise. You can email me at RMTJGT@Gmail.com.

We are going on the Solstice Vancouver to Hawaii in September 2016. Has anyone been on this cruise? Are there any reviews out there for the aft cabins? Maybe more specifically the Sunset Verandas on deck 7.

Welcome to cruise critic, hope you have a great cruise. There might be reviews in the review section but cruise critic has other boards also. There are the roll calls of those who will be on the cruise with you, departure port boards and boards on the various ports you will visit.

Below is a link to the spreadsheet for Solstice Class cabins. Find your cabin number and there should be some info about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Hi there,

We are also on this cruise in an aft cabin. If you go to the sticky notes they have reviews of most cabins. I have never stayed in an aft cabin before but I am certainly looking forward to watching the wake of the ship as we cruise with no land in site.

We were in an aft deck 7 last November Australia/New Zealand. Great cabin, but a loooong way from the lifts, consider this if you have trouble walking distances, great if you want to burn the extra calories off. The only negative we found with the room was there is no overhead cover meaning if it's raining you can't stand on the verandah and your deck furniture gets wet, it takes ages to dry too. Other than that, great room, quiet.

I did this cruise a few years ago when it was still leaving out of San Diego/Ensenada. Had a sunset veranda on the Solstice (which I got through booking a guarantee!). Absolutely loved it. Really enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching the wake.

Yes, it's a long way to the elevator (IIRC, it was 250 steps.) But that made me feel a little bit better enjoying the wonderful food and drinks!

First choose the 'Celebrity' thread from the list of cruise lines, just as you do to look at this thread. At the top of the list of threads you will see the "Sticky" threads marked in red. These are topics so often discussed, the moderators of the site simply made them a dedicated thread. There is one there for cabin reviews in an Excel format. Here is the link to that thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

We were in an aft cabin on Deck 9, and loved it! The verandah is not covered, but the aft of the ship slopes in, and we found it to be no trouble. If you want the privacy of a covered verandah, you may want another location. Other than that, the cabins are identical to other 'verandah' cabins. We loved watching the 180 degree views and the wake from the ship. In fact, we loved it so much we booked the same cabin for our upcoming 2016 Alaska cruise for the whole family (5 cabins - which will be fun since the verandah dividers can be removed, so we can continue the party for the whole group on one big verandah - with some rules regarding hours, of course).

You will find some complain about these cabins because of soot from the stacks - but we experienced no such issue during our last cruise. Some have complained they are a long walk from elevators - I like to think it just helps to burn a few more calories:D. A big plus - since you are at the end of the hall, it is very quiet - no noisy folks walking past at all hours.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise!

Edited by TKS