Stockholm; port to VASA

Don't recall the cost of a single journey (a hop-on all-day ticket is something like 20-25 euros - yes, they accept euros) but you can take their direct boat from Stadtsgarten (sp?) quay to the Vasa up til mid-morning when that service stops, after that you'd have to take the long way round on the ho-ho boat or some other form of transport

Think of the ho-ho route as a clock. Stadsgarden (sp?) quay is at noon and Vasa at 10 o'clock - so that early effectively-anticlockwise direct route saves a great deal of time. Additionally, lines for Vasa will form as the morning passes cos numbers are limited. So when up to capacity it's one out - one in, making it doubly important to make an early start for Vasa.

That ho-ho boat is only suitable if your boat is berthed at Stadtsgarden (sp again?:rolleyes:).

If your ship berths at Frimlingham (more sp ? :o) you'll need a bus or taxi.

If at Nynashamn (confident about that spelling :)) you're an hour or more away from the city.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Does anyone know if there are lots of taxis available at the pier, and also what pier NCL is using these days? Also, would it be expensive to take a taxi to Vasa and then to the old town and then back to the pier? So many questions.........

Our ship, Azamara Quest, is supposed to dock at 523 Vartahamnen on Aug. 12. I don't see any directions in your planner for getting from there to Vasa via public transport (or I have missed them). I am reading some conflicting information on other sites. Could you please help me with that?

Also, I have heard that in the past, Azamara has a free shuttle to the Opera House...would it be better to take that and then walk or take a bus to Vasa from there rather than from the pier? We will be returning to the ship as it will be there overnight.

Thank you for your invaluable help and information!

pickypicky, it's the same bus as from Frihamnen except that you use a different stop: Malmvägen.

https://www.google.se/maps/dir/Malmv%C3%A4gen/59.3472846,18.1162239/@59.3479325,18.1125749,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f82cb32bbb99f:0x7e89b108fe972436!2m2!1d18.11357!2d59.34757!1m0!3e2?hl=sv

Going with a free shuttle to Opera will loose you allot of time since it is 2km from Vasa which means that you have to walk those 2km to Vasa.

The point is that you will need to buy bus tickets before going on a public bus in both scenarios.

So I would walk to the ICA store buy bus tickets and then go with the public bus since I think that would be the fastest way.

https://www.google.se/maps/dir/59.3471697,18.1163055/ICA+Kvantum+V%C3%A4rtan,+Malmv%C3%A4gen+13,+115+41+Stockholm,+Sverige/@59.3471854,18.1143005,17z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f82cb2c9f25f3:0x4e9e8dcb88ab012a!2m2!1d18.113342!2d59.347127!3e2?hl=sv

Here is the ICA supermarket and the bus stop is in the same side of the road (in front of the white building) as ICA: https://www.google.se/maps/@59.347032,18.113408,3a,50.5y,9.59h,83.62t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZdXwaNAWq1EzhCM6-A0TSw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=sv

Edited by Desdichado62

Thank you so much! That's what I needed to know. I have bought 72 hr. Copenhagen CityCards since we will be staying for several days. Is the card good for this bus? And do I still have to present it and get a ticket or just swipe the card when I board? Sorry for so many questions!

Thank you so much! That's what I needed to know. I have bought 72 hr. Copenhagen CityCards since we will be staying for several days. Is the card good for this bus? And do I still have to present it and get a ticket or just swipe the card when I board? Sorry for so many questions!

Well I think it only works in Copenhagen. ;)

However if you mean a Stockholm card it will be valid on all public transport in Stockholm.

The card will be your ticket but I don't know if you have to swipe it or just show it to the driver.

Does anyone know the cost of the SINGLE from Stadgarden to VASA- we don't need a 24 hour ticket as will walk back to the ship from VASA.

Also whether they accept euros for this journey?

Don't recall the cost of a single journey (a hop-on all-day ticket is something like 20-25 euros - yes, they accept euros) but you can take their direct boat from Stadtsgarten (sp?) quay to the Vasa up til mid-morning when that service stops, after that you'd have to take the long way round on the ho-ho boat or some other form of transport

Think of the ho-ho route as a clock. Stadsgarden (sp?) quay is at noon and Vasa at 10 o'clock - so that early effectively-anticlockwise direct route saves a great deal of time. Additionally, lines for Vasa will form as the morning passes cos numbers are limited. So when up to capacity it's one out - one in, making it doubly important to make an early start for Vasa.

That ho-ho boat is only suitable if your boat is berthed at Stadtsgarden (sp again?:rolleyes:).

If your ship berths at Frimlingham (more sp ? :o) you'll need a bus or taxi.

If at Nynashamn (confident about that spelling :)) you're an hour or more away from the city.

Does anyone know the cost of the SINGLE from Stadgarden to VASA- we don't need a 24 hour ticket as will walk back to the ship from VASA.

Also whether they accept euros for this journey?

Strömma charges 50SEK for one stop. I don't know what currencies they accept.

Red sightseeing accepts credit cards as well as Euros, British Pounds, US Dollars, Swedish crowns.

Don't know if they have one stop tickets and if they do what they cost for them are.

Well I think it only works in Copenhagen. ;)

However if you mean a Stockholm card it will be valid on all public transport in Stockholm.

The card will be your ticket but I don't know if you have to swipe it or just show it to the driver.

Oops...too much information whirling around. Yes, I did mean Stockholm:o:o:o

Thank you!

Strömma charges 50SEK for one stop. I don't know what currencies they accept.

Since they accept euros for hop-on-off tickets, you can bet your bottom dollar...... oooops, you can bet your bottom euro ;) ..... that they do so for single trips too.