iConcierge usage on the Pearl

copper004

I used the app last year on the Getaway. I like being able to verify reservations while hanging out on deck. We also paid the $7 each for chat and calls. The kid's club would contact via the app if they needed to find us. Pretty convenient!

The app is free, you just have to pay for messenger and phone.

So if you are paying the $7 to activate it for app to app texting (which with my 5-phone family will probably reduce a heck of a lot of stress for me!) does that mean that you have to keep the phone "active" as far as possibly receiving calls & texts from home? It's Alaska, so we can connect with home in port, but I'm envisioning my kids inadvertantly ringing up a ton of charges via the ship's tower when we're underway.

:confused:

So if you are paying the $7 to activate it for app to app texting (which with my 5-phone family will probably reduce a heck of a lot of stress for me!) does that mean that you have to keep the phone "active" as far as possibly receiving calls & texts from home? It's Alaska, so we can connect with home in port, but I'm envisioning my kids inadvertantly ringing up a ton of charges via the ship's tower when we're underway.

You only have to keep wifi active. No charge since you are not logged in for Internet access

We had the same fears...

$7 per person enables the calls and texting. It does not enable wifi, just access to the app.

I turn off Data Roaming so that I don't accidentally get into international service.

BTW: The app gives a constant update on your ship account. You'll know if they slip up and go international.

Think I just answered your question on another board as well. Just to clarify, you put your iphone in Airplane Mode (ON) but keep WiFi enabled, connected to the Pearl internet (limited access only) while not in port to avoid any roaming charges. Sorry to say, the price has increased from ($7 to $8.95).

Think I just answered your question on another board as well. Just to clarify, you put your iphone in Airplane Mode (ON) but keep WiFi enabled, connected to the Pearl internet (limited access only) while not in port to avoid any roaming charges. Sorry to say, the price has increased from ($7 to $8.95).

Got it. Thanks everyone.

It's worth the extra $2. We'll still be activating it Sunday. WOOHOO!

It's worth the extra $2. We'll still be activating it Sunday. WOOHOO!

Just double checked the bill--it is only $7.95 each phone. Sorry about that. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! We loved it!!