Please critique my clothes packing list

rockster

I would skip the jeans (unless I wear them on and off the ship) and the raingear (the small umbrella is enough). In response to another suggestion above, if you need more hangars just ask your cabin steward for extra.

The more cruises I take, the less I pack. You can wear something more than once--no one is going to remember or care if you do and as someone else mentioned there is laundry/cleaning service on board.

Have fun!!

Thanks for all the help!!

I'll skip the raincoat and bring a small umbrella instead.

I'm gonna add another bathing suit, some more shorts and a couple dressy tops. I'll get some touristy t-shirts on the ship or at the ports if needed. The jeans I have to keep cause I'll wear them when staying in NY and AC.

I was on "cruise fashions" board and I'm seriously underpacked after seeing some of the lists. It would be nice if I could bring more luggage with me but doesn't look like I can. I'll have to do a lot of mixing and matching.

The cover-ups for the bathing suits, do you mean like a sarong? Is it appropriate to wear a sarong with flip flops around the ship?

Thanks!

I'm gonna add another bathing suit, some more shorts and a couple dressy tops. I'll get some touristy t-shirts on the ship or at the ports if needed. The jeans I have to keep cause I'll wear them when staying in NY and AC.

I was on "cruise fashions" board and I'm seriously underpacked after seeing some of the lists. It would be nice if I could bring more luggage with me but doesn't look like I can. I'll have to do a lot of mixing and matching.

The cover-ups for the bathing suits, do you mean like a sarong? Is it appropriate to wear a sarong with flip flops around the ship?

Thanks!

Mixing and matching is a GOOD thing! Sarongs are good for covering up a bathing suit. They also make them like sleeveless dresses or like a short jacket with sleeves. Flip flops go well when dressed like this. However, that is mainly for wearing around the Lido deck. The dining rooms won't allow you in for breakfast or lunch in a bathing suit, even with a coverup. If you're going to take time to gamble or shop, you might want to change, either before or after. The interior of the ship can be cold and a wet bathing suit would make you even chillier.

I'm gonna add another bathing suit, some more shorts and a couple dressy tops.

Thanks!

I think you are packing very smartly (is that a word?). Your best bet is to mix and match. Pick 2 or 3 colors and stick with those... use accessories to add color; they take up less room.

You do not want to be fumbling around at the airport with your luggage. Bringing one bag is feasable as long as you have a plan.

Archived