Coral Breeze, EcoTours or X-Stream?

figgy0223

We are looking to book cave tubing with one of these companies. Does anyone have recent (within a year) experience with any of these companies? Any advice to help us make a decision is greatly appreciated!

Specifically, we'd like to know if the "3rd cave" offered on the X-Stream tour is worth it. And if the lunch at Amigo's for the Coral Breeze tour is good.

Thanks.

Bubblez and JumpingJackFlash -

Why did you like X-Stream? We see a lot of good postings about them, but many of the postings look suspicious - as if they've been writen by someone who works for them.

One thing's for sure, we have heard a lot of bad reviews about Coral Breeze. Has anyone had a positive experience with Coral Breeze recently?

Both Eco Tours and Coral Breeze Cave Tubing trips say they include lunch. Is it local food at a local resturant? And is it any good?'

Thoughts are appreciated. I'm really having a hard time deciding although the amount of people I've talked with suggesting Eco Tours or X-Stream versus Coral Breeze is pretty convincing.

Figgy, you were asking if anyone had any recent positive experiences with Coral Breeze - my husband and I did just 2 weeks ago! Although we were the only 2 folks booked on the cave tubing trip, we ended up being joined by another couple at the port. So we had a semi-private tour group with only 4 people, which was really nice.

Our guide was Ivar, and he did a great job. He was really knowledgable about all the plants and wildlife on our hike to the river. He pointed out all kinds of interesting plants and entertained us the whole way there. The tubing itself was a lot of fun... most of the time we stay "hooked" together while we were in the caves and Ivar pointed out rock formations to us. At certain points, the river turned into very mild rapids, and we would go through these areas one by one. For some reason, I seemed to have a lot of trouble steering and kept running into rocks, walls, tree stumps, etc. Once he saw that I was having trouble, Ivar stayed with me most of the time and helped me steer. He was really nice about it, and didn't make me feel stupid or helpless for not being able to navigate on my own.

As for lunch - YUM! The food was much better than anything I ate on the ship all week (in my opinion). We had half a barbecued chicken, rice, some kind of sweet slaw with pineapples in it, fresh fruit, herb bread, and a banana-pineapple cake with caramel glaze for dessert.

I just got off the valor 9/18-9/25 and we did cave tubing with X-stream ... it was awesome... we actually passed the Carnival group and they only got to do one cave while we did 2 and explored one on foot!

The food was worth the $5 ... the bus was comfy...and tour guide very helpful since my significant other fell in...

Glad to hear Coral Breeze get a good review - thanks. We are still torn about who to go with, we have plenty of time to decide, but I wanted to start researching early.

My guess is that since Coral Breeze got some bad reviews years ago, that they have improved whatever problems they had. Glad to hear it.

Any other great cave tubing tour companies?

I just went with cavetubing.com and had a great trip with Yhonny, it was a great value for 45$ per person which is why we chose it. There was a tour group from Xtreme almost right with us and it looked like an identical tour.

I think that cave tubing is one of the excursions for which there are several very good and basically equivalent tour operators. I heard great things about Reggie's, Xtreme, and cavetubing.com and went back and forth trying to decide for quite a while. I finally realized that all would give us great experiences and I needed to just pick one and know I would be happy with any of them! That attitude worked out great and I encourage others to just go for it!!! As long as there are several good reviews on this board, you will get a great experience!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing that Coral Breeze has cleaned up there act (if there was an act to clean up) since some of the negative reviews I read were not very recent. I just saw a great review of theirs from a crusie this month.

I'm not sure if I want to take the risk with Coral Breeze. I haven't heard any bad reviews about the other two companies - Xtreme and Eco Tours. We still have a couple months to decide.

How far in advance do you suggest booking these independent cave tubing excursions? Our cruise is January 7.

Hey There,

I've used Coral breeze in the past for their snorkel trip - they were great. Handled a rather large group with amazing efficiency. Everyone had a great time. We were broken up into smaller groups so we all got personal attention. Communication was excellent - met us all on shore - checked in, and off we went. I cannot recommend them enough.

I plan on using them for cave tubing next month - I ll let you know how that goes.

I see where they are also offering another river trip as well - has anyone done that one yet. I'm curious about that one as well.

Thanks,

Curuisin Cat Lover:

I would not go cave tubing if your daughter is claustrophobic. The caves are quite large, but they are pretty dark so there's no predicting what how she will feel. And there's really no other practical way back to the start/finish point. Once you are in the caves as back paddling against the current would be difficult and once you got out, you would need to walk back.

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking to book cave tubing with one of these companies. Does anyone have recent (within a year) experience with any of these companies? Any advice to help us make a decision is greatly appreciated!

Specifically, we'd like to know if the "3rd cave" offered on the X-Stream tour is worth it. And if the lunch at Amigo's for the Coral Breeze tour is good.

Thanks.

Great time with Coral Breeze Limited, The tubing was wonderful even my 14 yr daughter found it good. The food @ the end was barbeque chicken (fine meal) which we washed it down with local belizian beer.

Booked

Bob

I, too, am trying to decide on which tour. I guess they all have the 30 minute hike, huh? Count me as a "softie", but I don't think packing the tube and life jacket for 30 minutes through the rain forest with bugs and heat sound too appealing. All of the rest does, though! What are the temps in early Nov? I'll be on the Nor. Sun Nov. 6 sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to know how long is this excusion. Do you have anytime to do anything else while one the island? Also I have a 12 year old daughter who is claustrophobic (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). Do you think she would do okay or are there a lot of tight dark spots. Thanks.

Hi,

If you are worried about your daughter and being claustrophobic, Coral Breeze offers a tubing adventure that does not go through the caves. I just heard about this a few weeks ago.

We're suposed to go to cave tubing in a couple of weeks with them - I'll be sure and post a review.

But in the meantime, check out their website -

They are one of my favorite independent operators in the islands.

Archived