Port Canaveral ?

Considering it will take a fair amount of time to disembark when we arrive at Port Canaveral (I've heard it can be an hour or more) and we need to be prepared to be back to the ship 2 hours prior to departure does it make any sense to get off the ship at all?, or just stay onboard and enjoy the ship experience.:D

if port canaveral is port stop, you will only need to be back on the ship 30 minutes before sail time and debarking the ship is quick. Usually within 10-25 minutes of docking, you can get off the ship

That 2 hours prior departure posted online is only required for Day 1 of the cruise during embarkation.

if port canaveral is port stop, you will only need to be back on the ship 30 minutes before sail time and debarking the ship is quick. Usually within 10-25 minutes of docking, you can get off the ship

That 2 hours prior departure posted online is only required for Day 1 of the cruise during embarkation.

Thank you shof 515. Have only been on 1 cruise prior to this 25 years ago (honeymoon) which stopped in Bermuda and just stayed there and really did not have to worry about getting on and off at a specific time. So considering the ship docks at 12:00 PM and departs at 9:00 PM, can I be rest assured to have a solid 6 hours to enjoy the port. What do you think?:)

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I would say that you can count on close to 8 hours in port.

Thank you johnql for your help. Now I feel comfortable that we will indeed have enough time to get off the ship and enjoy some time at port Canaveral.:D

Thank you shof 515. Have only been on 1 cruise prior to this 25 years ago (honeymoon) which stopped in Bermuda and just stayed there and really did not have to worry about getting on and off at a specific time. So considering the ship docks at 12:00 PM and departs at 9:00 PM, can I be rest assured to have a solid 6 hours to enjoy the port. What do you think?:)

Shouldn't take an hour to get off the ship unless the ship is late for some reason, more like 15 minutes, and all aboard will be at 8:30 or 8:45. I'd expect to have about 8 or a little more hours available in port.

well, sort of. All depends on what/where you plan to go because it takes time to get anywhere. Last time at this port, (Nov 2013) we wanted to visit Disney so we booked the ships excursion which maximized our time. Our son, at another time, decided to rent a car for the Disney visit and found the getting to/from process took way to much time and they barely made it back to the ship in time. So, 6 hours seems like a lot but it all depends what your plans are....

Here's a twist, what if the OP is on a back to back. Does the 30 min. boarding time apply to them or would they be lumped in with those embarking to start their cruise and have to be on board 2 hours prior ?

We'll be in the same situation this fall in Vancouver, so if anyone has an answer it would be helpful. Don't recall that ever being discussed here @ CC.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Here's a twist, what if the OP is on a back to back. Does the 30 min. boarding time apply to them or would they be lumped in with those embarking to start their cruise and have to be on board 2 hours prior ?

We'll be in the same situation this fall in Vancouver, so if anyone has an answer it would be helpful. Don't recall that ever being discussed here @ CC.

cheers...the Ump...:D

If you're on a B2B, then you'll be processed separately from the embarking group, and you'll get a new seapass card outside of the normal embarkation process. Then you'll have plenty of time to get off and sightsee if you want.