Valor 2475 and 2477

Brentonsmom

My husband and I and my parents will be on the Valor in Oct. We have cabin 2477 and my parents have 2475.

I have found some pics of 2477 but are looking for 2475.

I have found some reviews and other pics of the valor which have been very helpful.

Hoping others may have been in these cabins and may have a pic of 2475 along with any tips about the ship. I do know there may be some vibrations back there and that's fine.

My husband and my dad both have some walking issues, so any info about the ship will be helpful. My husband uses forearm crutches and my dad uses a cane at times. I like to try and plan out "routes" before we go. For example... Easiest ways to get to certain areas, most convenient places to sit without having to walk so far. How to get to the smoking area for my husband, best places to sit outside on seadays. Things we always took for granted on previous cruises.

Is there an elevator that goes to the fish and chips area above the buffet or just stairs?

What is the muster drill like? Inside or outside? I need to make arrangements to simplify their muster due to their inability to stand very long and to avoid crowds and the stairs.

My husband and I were on the Breeze last month and due to planning things out rather than just " going" things worked out great.

Thank you

Tina

1.Is there an elevator that goes to the fish and chips area above the buffet

No, you got to lido deck and have to walk up the stairs to Fish&Chips.

2.What is the muster drill like?Muster is outside on deck 4. It takes a while cuz there is always some drunk who wont stay in line and be still while they count.Maybe you can tell someone on the ship about person not being able to stand long periods.

3.How to get to the smoking area for my husband.Smoking area is usually on one side of ship on the Panorama deck.

4.We have cabin 2477 and my parents have 2475.-I stayed in 2477 on the Carnival Liberty and you will get some vibration esp when ship is fighting the current and the engines are working harder.

Is there an elevator that goes to the fish and chips area above the buffet or just stairs?

You can get to fish & chips without climbing stairs. You will need to use the midship (or forward) elevators to go up to deck 10. From there, go outside & go to the back of the ship along the sides. There should be doors to get inside the fish & chips area along the backside of that area. Click here to see wheelchair accessible routes (aka non-stairs routes).

For your room, 2472 is the same shape as 2475. It's just on the other side. Go to cruiselinerooms dot com, and pull up Freedom (sister ship). There are pics of 2472 there.

Edited by k2excursion

• 1 month later...

Hi Brentonsmom- I was just on Valor last week. There are inside smoking areas on deck 5 also. One in our party is a smoker and she found it really convenient to go to the Paris Hot lounge. If you take the aft elevator up to deck 5 its just to your right near the Eagles lounge where the comedy shows are. Your cabin location will be convenient too if you have dinner in Washington dining room. And the elevator will drop you out right at the buffet restaurant Rosie's on deck 9. One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot go straight through decks 3 and 4 end to end. The kitchen (galley) is in the middle so you have to go to deck 5 go forward and back down to 3 or 4. Or go all the way forward on your deck 2 and up the elevator to guest services on 3 or to the theater. Have a great time!! We loved our vacation on the Valor!!

Also, I downloaded an app for my phone called shipmate. It has deck maps for all the ships. That may help you plan routes. We really enjoyed sitting outside on deck 3 by guest services. Its covered so not too hot. You can smoke on that deck too.

My husband cannot walk long distances due to having MS. When he cruises carnival and on other lines he rents a mobility scooter for use all over the ship. No need for an accessible cabin as it fits through doorway of the standard sized cabins. The scooter is waiting in cabin for him on embarkation day. On debarkation he just keaves it in the cabin. Gets wheelchair assistance getting on and off the ship. Very easy. It's a life saver for him when he cruises.

Go to special needs at sea dot com if interested. You cannot take it on most excursions but he does take it off the ship when poking around the shops at the port.

We loved the Valor..have a great cruise.

• 8 years later...