Forward facing balcony cabins 7000/7500 on Legend of the Seas

I assume because cabins 7000 and 7500 are forward facing balcony cabin, the window itself is sloped? Does this affect the view at all?

Does anyone have pics or feedback on the forward facing cabins, preferably on Legend of the Seas?

These cabins are only an extra $35pp, and something we are considering... but want to do some research first! :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Edited by js4rq

I assume because cabins 7000 and 7500 are forward facing balcony cabin, the window itself is sloped? Does this affect the view at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Hi js4rq. 7500 & 7500 face sideways, not forward. I believe the view is the same as any other balcony on that side of the ship. In the picture below, cabin 7000 is the very first balcony cabin just underneath the bridge... there's two porthole windows (I assume are staff quarters) and then the first opening is the 7000 balcony

DSC04268_zpsbtff5f1c.jpg

And below is Legend on the starboard side... 7500 is the very first balcony cabin just under and to the left of the bridge on deck 8. Also note the deck 7 balconies do not have a view directly down to the water as the deck 6 balconies stick out, you actually look directly down into the white cover of the deck 6 balconies.

DSC04375_zpsvf3wco2k.jpg

I wish to add that I believe there's 3 aft D1 balconies available on your sailing with superlative views and much larger balconies than on the side. For me in Canadian dollars would be about $12 per day upgrade for your 10 day cruise to get one of those... I highly recommend it, especially the corner aft balcony 7626. You'll never forget that aft balcony!! Below is a view from my deck 6 aft just this past March

DSC04406_zpsqmcwukyx.jpg

Edited by Hoopster95

Hi js4rq. 7500 & 7500 face sideways, not forward. I believe the view is the same as any other balcony on that side of the ship. In the picture below, cabin 7000 is the very first balcony cabin just underneath the bridge... there's two porthole windows (I assume are staff quarters) and then the first opening is the 7000 balcony

DSC04268_zpsbtff5f1c.jpg

And below is Legend on the starboard side... 7500 is the very first balcony cabin just under and to the left of the bridge on deck 8. Also note the deck 7 balconies do not have a view directly down to the water as the deck 6 balconies stick out, you actually look directly down into the white cover of the deck 6 balconies.

DSC04375_zpsvf3wco2k.jpg

I wish to add that I believe there's 3 aft D1 balconies available on your sailing with superlative views and much larger balconies than on the side. For me in Canadian dollars would be about $12 per day upgrade for your 10 day cruise to get one of those... I highly recommend it, especially the corner aft balcony 7626. You'll never forget that aft balcony!! Below is a view from my deck 6 aft just this past March

DSC04406_zpsqmcwukyx.jpg

Wow, that's a great help. Thanks for the info and photos, Hoopster95! :D

I will have a look at cabin 7626 tonight and see if it's available but could you tell me the other 2 AFT D1 balcony cabins that are available?? I don't know how to work out which cabins are AFT facing cabins. :rolleyes: Thanks! :D

Cabin 7626 doesn't appear to be available. What website are you looking at??

Apparently the AFT D1 cabins on Deck 6 are available, although I can't see this when doing a mock booking. I know you had cabin 6628. Would you recommend the cabin, apart from the obstructed view looking down?