May 16 Carnival Freedom Cruise Pics and Video

C_Cabra

Hi!

The beach in Roatan is Mahogany Beach right next to the Ship. It is a free beach but we purchased one of the Cabanas as an excursion through Carnival.

In Belize we went on the Snorkeling Wonders of the Barrier Reef. It is the only excursion that picks you up directly from the Ship and drops you off back at the Ship. The rest require you to tender to shore first. After the excursion is over you still have time to tender to shore for shopping. I'm not sure of the name of the island but it is only a one acre island that is a naturally occurring island on top of the barrier reef. It was very cool however if you are looking for a more developed island with restaurants, shopping etc. then the Starfish Island excursion is probably a better choice.

I have really been considering the Barrier Reef as my DH loves to snorkel and I can be happy anywhere. Is there a lot to see under the water there? Will I find shade, drinks, and a chair to read a book while he snorkels as I can spend near as long in the water as he can. The island looks bare in the pictures on Carnival.

Smyliecruising,

There was a ton to see under the water. This video only includes just a few of the underwater pictures I took. The guides will bring up sea life for you to hold and view and point out sealife along the reefs.

This is not a very "developed" island but there are toilets, plenty of shade and food and drinks. Some of the people we were with never went snorkeling and just used it as a beach day instead.

From what I understand this is probably the best of the Carnival snorkeling excursions.

They have covered cabanas with picnic tables on this island but it is just one acre so if you are looking to explore the land or whatever this isn't the place to be. Starfish island is much larger and more developed but I have read poor reviews of it's beaches. This is a naturally occurring island with beautiful beaches.

They have covered cabanas with picnic tables on this island but it is just one acre so if you are looking to explore the land or whatever this isn't the place to be. Starfish island is much larger and more developed but I have read poor reviews of it's beaches. This is a naturally occurring island with beautiful beaches.

Thank you for the information! I was unsure but you have helped me decide to purchase this excursion!