Porthole room question

Hi - I have been looking into porthole rooms and am wondering about the noise. Is there any difference between one side of the ship or the other - are the even number ones any louder/quieter than the odd ones. It wouldn't be at the very front, just the ones next to the ocean view. We have been at the front on the last two cruise and on deck 11 or 12. One we were at the very front facing forward. Thanks

Port or Starboard does not matter. You will hear waves hitting the bow along with the noise from the bow thrusters when the ship is entering and leaving the ports.

I agree, also you will hear the noise from the anchor drop if you are in a tender port.

I will be better equipped to state my opinion on this as hubby and I cruise on July 2...we decided to try a porthole this time...we've had aft ext. balconies, OV and a Scenic OV...decided to try this as it does have the porthole...I think I'd be crazy on an inside with no windows...but we'll see how this one goes...we are not in our cabin that much except to sleep so we'll see how it turns out!

We heard noise and got motion with the 4J at the front of the boat too. I don't think there are are tender ports for us. Hopefully waves are soothing :)

Unfortunately, soothing is not the word I would use to describe the noise from the waves. I thought it sounded more like a large metal door was being slammed somewhere down below (I was on deck 2).

It didn't really bother me, after I realized what the noise was I just ignored it. Though my BIL said never again.

You will get noise from the waves hitting the bow of the ship and hearing the thrusters as everyone else has said. The location you are talking about getting would be my preferred choice. One experience I had on the Paradise in Cabin M2 which was the last porthole cabin on that deck forward. I had more noise since the stateroom stewards had their cleaning supplies in the area next to my cabin. Heard noises early in the morning but did not bother me since I get up early. Not sure how other ships are configured, thought I would mention that & when looking at deck plans, that grey/blank area where a cabin is located could be a work area for ship staff.

Enjoy your cruise !