Another flight ?

old crusier

Don't Do It!......I did it once taking an early flight from Miami. We made the flight; barely but the toll it took on our cruise with worrying about it and then the worry early debarkment morning wasn't worth it! Stay on board till last call, relax, and the time will pass......Good luck!

Do you think we can make it to FLL airport for a 9:45 am flight from port Everglades

what do you think ? next flight 3:45 / thanks

What's your backup plan if you miss the 9:45?

These days, they don't just put you on 3:45. The 3:45 will already be full by the day you are flying.

If you have a good backup plan, then do self assist and tell us how it went.

Don't Do It!......I did it once taking an early flight from Miami. We made the flight; barely but the toll it took on our cruise with worrying about it and then the worry early debarkment morning wasn't worth it! Stay on board till last call, relax, and the time will pass......Good luck!

WOW I had not thought about the stress . you're right better to have peace of mind & relax

Thank you for the great advice

Although I made a 9:45am flight out of FLL, I would NEVER recommend it, unless you were my worst enemy. We were planning on taking a later flight, but placed our names on the standby list for the earlier flight, just in case we had enough time.

We were, literally, the first ones off the ship, with pre-printed boarding passes in hand, no checked luggage, and the security checkpoint at the airport was dead. We made it to the gate as they were calling standby passengers and the only reason why we got on the flight is because they had several confirmed passengers be "no shows" (probably fellow cruisers that were not as lucky).

It worked for us, but once again, we were flying standby. I would never spend money on a confirmed departure for which the odds are stacked against me.

Edited by Tapi

3:45 for sure. Stay on the ship as long as possible, have a farewell breakfast. By leaving the ship last you will likely have a shorter line to get through customs. You may have a few hours at the airport, but not a bad airport to spend some time. Happy sailing.

Yeah, even though FLL airport might as well be co-located with the port, and the flight could be running late, so could the ship. If both are on time you'll be fine, but...

If you said 10:30 + that would be another story.

Of course, as Murphy's law would say, when you get off the ship, self-assist, early, you'll say: "Gosh darnit, I could have easily made the early flight!"

Such is life and the decisions we make.