Question on luggage dropoff at Cape Liberty

Please excuse if this seems like a stupid question but I've never been to Cape Liberty. I believe check in starts at 11 AM and ends at 2:30 PM (LOS this Saturday 6/27). We are driving there and meeting others who are arriving before 10 AM. What's the earliest I can drop off our tagged luggage at curbside before parking our car? Many thanks.

Guest maddycat
Please excuse if this seems like a stupid question but I've never been to Cape Liberty. I believe check in starts at 11 AM and ends at 2:30 PM (LOS this Saturday 6/27). We are driving there and meeting others who are arriving before 10 AM. What's the earliest I can drop off our tagged luggage at curbside before parking our car? Many thanks.

If you have any more questions concerning Cape Liberty Cruise Port, you'll get great advice on the Cruise Critic East Coast Departures board and the Cape Liberty 411 thread. The links are below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

If you have any more questions concerning Cape Liberty Cruise Port, you'll get great advice on the Cruise Critic East Coast Departures board and the Cape Liberty 411 thread. The links are below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

Thanks. I'll have a quick look over there.

We dropped our luggage off at 10am, but there were a few hundred people there who had dropped off their luggage before us. (Wedding parties as well as regular cruisers.)

We cruised in May. If we did it again, we would probably park first (left hand lane of traffic) and then wheel our luggage back to the terminal (about 100 yards). There were still people getting picked up from the prior cruise so the luggage drop off lane moved very slowly.

Edited by marci22

For the June 18th cruise, we got to the terminal around 10am. We drove up to the luggage drop off, and the porter took our luggage along with a case of water and a case of soda. We already had luggage tags on everything and tipped him a few bucks.

While the wife and kids waited at the terminal entrance, I drove over to the lot, parked the car ($19/day), and walked back to the terminal.

I think by the time we turned onto Terminal Blvd from the main road until we were at the security checkpoint inside the terminal, it was maybe 15-20 minutes. Didn't take long at all.

A few minutes thru the checkpoint and no wait in the Emerald line. We got one of the Blue 1 boarding cards. I don't remember the yellow and blue boarding cards from previous cruises out of Cape Liberty so it may be something new. Most people had the yellow cards.

When the ship opened a little after 11, they called Blue 1 first, and we were one of the first ones onboard.

• 2 weeks later...
For the June 18th cruise, we got to the terminal around 10am. We drove up to the luggage drop off, and the porter took our luggage along with a case of water and a case of soda. We already had luggage tags on everything and tipped him a few bucks.

While the wife and kids waited at the terminal entrance, I drove over to the lot, parked the car ($19/day), and walked back to the terminal.

I think by the time we turned onto Terminal Blvd from the main road until we were at the security checkpoint inside the terminal, it was maybe 15-20 minutes. Didn't take long at all.

A few minutes thru the checkpoint and no wait in the Emerald line. We got one of the Blue 1 boarding cards. I don't remember the yellow and blue boarding cards from previous cruises out of Cape Liberty so it may be something new. Most people had the yellow cards.

When the ship opened a little after 11, they called Blue 1 first, and we were one of the first ones onboard.

You brought water and did you get it delivered to your room?

You brought water and did you get it delivered to your room?

Yeah, we brought a case of water, primarily to take in a cooler bag into the ports. I found the ice water served in Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos to be just fine otherwise.

We wrapped it horizontally with some extra packing tape in case the plastic wrap ripped and just taped a luggage tag on top.

The water along with the soda actually were the first to arrive in our room ahead of our luggage.

I bring cases of water too. We tip the porter like it's a suitcase. The bottled water is for use in the cabin and in port. I drink ship water everywhere else too.

I didn't plan on arriving at 10am, but now I will. It's been awhile since we were the 1st group to board.