Infinity

texast518

No help on 1106 but here is a cut and paste about 1124 just down the hall. Also, providing a bump.

Ship : Infinity

Cabin #: 1124

Deck #: 11

Class: A1

Area: Aft Starboard

Quiet?: Very

Balcony view: Excellent

Balcony size: Smaller than Standard

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: Great location near aft elevators. Very quiet. Great access to the Sunset Bar, the Buffet and Blu. Balcony was not as deep as the C2 or A2 cabins we'd stayed in previously. There was a lot of vibration during the night, presumably from the aft pods. We thought it was due to an less experienced Captain on deck during the night who did not stabilize quickly enough. Balcony had no cover so there was lots of sun. There was no smoke from the Sunset Bar. Shower door leaked but that problem was solved by placing a rolled up towel at the base of the doors. I probably would choose one of the A1 cabins with balconies that are slightly bumped out or one of the aft cabins the time after next. We are booked in 1140 the next time!

We stayed in 1106 on a 15-day South America cruise in late 2013. We really loved the location. I can't add anything more than the previous poster who did a great job. Everything they mentioned is correct. We loved that there is nothing above the rooms; i.e. no noise. The 11th deck of rooms is like a little private ship - there is even a little sitting area just outside of 1106. We also loved that it is one flight of stairs down to the Oceanview Cafe. So convenient for late night bites. There is a door right by 1106 that leads to the outer decks on 11, which makes for easy access to the pool area. The construction on the room did seem a little flimsy as the balcony door seemed quickly constructed and attached. But we would book this room again in a second - we actually had this room booked for our Alaska cruise a few weeks ago, but then we got upgraded to a Celebrity Suite =) Enjoy!

Michael

We have stayed in Infinity cabin 1128 and Summit cabin 1103. The balconies up there seem to become shallower as they get closer to the aft. This was apparently the same on both ships. We felt a lot less squeezed in 1103.

I agree with everyone about deck 11. On top is a sundeck. There were loungers above on Infinity and they were lashed down for rough water (35 foot swells). During the night they clanged and clinked against the pipes they were tied to... not pleasant. Hopefully you'll have quiet water and fair winds.

Here's pretty much how narrow the balcony was on 1128. Your cabin 1106 will likely have a balcony with a couple more planks depth to it.

Infinity%20cabin%201128_zpsmdonbfze.jpg

Edited by cheryl20772

The review on 1124 is mine. If I had to summarize:

1. Fantastic location, convenient!

2. Balcony is smaller

3. There's no meaningful cover on the balcony. You need to understand the direction you are sailing and know that you will get full sun if you are facing the sun.

4. Cabin is the same as every other concierge/Aqua Class cabin

We've booked cabins 1140 or 1138 on our next three cruises. Wahoo!

Edited by cruzzzinma