Breakaway studio lounge

gerrimom

I am new to studio concept. What happens in the lounge? I read that children run through it, yet the NLC literature indicated it is keyed. What hours are the bar open? What does the concierge do?

It's a place to meet other solo cruisers and the concierge sets up group events and meals for those who are interested. Didn't see any children in there. I enjoyed it!!

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

I am new to studio concept. What happens in the lounge? I read that children run through it, yet the NLC literature indicated it is keyed. What hours are the bar open? What does the concierge do?

You get snacks, coffee, tea, expresso, water, juice all behind locked doors that needs swiped to get in or jimmied with a chair to hold open for those that can't access during regular hours especially for the solo meet (Usually those in other room categories that is not the studio room). Speaking of which, that when the bar is open, during the solo meets which is listed in the dailies, usually between 5-7 pm. the solo coordinator (the concierge) hosts these events and arranges activities plus group dining for those that want to participate.

Special note - the lounge on the Breakaway is tinier than what the picture shows. Hope this info helps!!

Edited by maywell

I'll be staying in a studio cabin for the 1st time. Is there a charge for the espresso / snacks? Is it self serve?

No charge and its self-serve, just use the tongs / napkins on the pastries. :)

You get snacks, coffee, tea, expresso, water, juice all behind locked doors that needs swiped to get in or jimmied with a chair to hold open for those that can't access during regular hours especially for the solo meet (Usually those in other room categories that is not the studio room). Speaking of which, that when the bar is open, during the solo meets which is listed in the dailies, usually between 5-7 pm. the solo coordinator (the concierge) hosts these events and arranges activities plus group dining for those that want to participate.

Special note - the lounge on the Breakaway is tinier than what the picture shows. Hope this info helps!!

With regards to group dining, is this in the MDR or specialty restaurants?

Ia there a usual time arranged for dinner in the MDR?

It was random the week I went - usually started between at 6-9pm. It depended on how many people were going, and what was available to hold that amount plus if activity was planned or not. Sorry can't give you definite answer, you have a better idea when onboard in lounge since the coordinator will put the schedule on the whiteboard.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk