Haven 3rd person ubp exception?

sctennismom

My husband and I are booked in a haven handicap room in September on the getaway. We are taking my mom on this cruise which is the reason for the handicap room. In the haven 1st and 2nd guest get ubp and udp included.

Our ta says we do not have to purchase a ubp for my 89 year old mom. From everything I've read there are no exceptions. I'm a bit worried!! She can barely stand let alone drink anything alcoholic. Anyone know if he is correct?

Here is what he said in an email.....

Re: 3rd passenger in Haven Suite: yes you do understand that correctly, the third passenger does not have to purchase the beverage package which is relatively pricey (seven day package $54.00 per day + 18% gratuities = $446.04, (purchased prior to the cruise add $5.00 per day if added onboard ship).

My husband and I are booked in a haven handicap room in September on the getaway. We are taking my mom on this cruise which is the reason for the handicap room. In the haven 1st and 2nd guest get ubp and udp included.

Our ta says we do not have to purchase a ubp for my 89 year old mom. From everything I've read there are no exceptions. I'm a bit worried!! She can barely stand let alone drink anything alcoholic. Anyone know if he is correct?

Here is what he said in an email.....

Re: 3rd passenger in Haven Suite: yes you do understand that correctly, the third passenger does not have to purchase the beverage package which is relatively pricey (seven day package $54.00 per day + 18% gratuities = $446.04, (purchased prior to the cruise add $5.00 per day if added onboard ship).

Your promotional item covers only the first two people in the room. The third person is not required to purchase anything. Your travel agent is correct.

What a relieve. Thanks for your apparent expert answer. Wow you've done some cruising!! Is it cause we are in the haven or ??

No, it applies to all cabins. The only time all adults in the cabin has to purchase is when it's being purchased, not as part of a promo.

Edited by LrgPizza

she will also receive the soda package as the third passenger

That is only if she booked earlier in the year....not now. Third person doesn't get anything with the current promo.

What room are you in? My mom and brother were in a handicapped room on the 16th floor. Huge room - no problem navigating the wheelchair. Will easily fit the 3 of you.

The only negative was closet space, but many drawers to accommodate non-hanging clothes.

Enjoy!!!!