50% off deposit sale going on now.

It could be. I notice the price drops are always just a tiny bit different through the TA. For example, I noticed a $40 price drop on fare viewer, emailed them about it, and our price went down $38.50. They do everything a tiny bit different. But they also give OBC with every booking, and call Carnival to yell at them when they put me on the Splendor from the Breeze, so we keep booking with them lol

SF - there have been many threads here about people having their booking cancelled because when they put in for an ES price drop under a reduced-deposit, the fare code changed. That is what was causing the need to pay the rest of the deposit. At least, that's how I read those threads. I've read many times about how shocked people were that Carnival would cancel their cruise just because they asked for a price drop. And it turned out every time that it was because they were changing from a reduced deposit to a different fare.

I almost never book ES. I just don't like restrictions. You can still get all price drops (of course, you have to qualify for the fare code) up until final payment.

And as noted, you can book under a "regular" fare and then switch to ES just before it disappears, if you're then sure you won't be making any changes. Then you can get the price drops after final payment. Like Bases said.

I didn't even bother to look at the new sale as soon as I saw that it was an ES reduced deposit. Just not interested. I'd rather book way in advance (yes, even giving them huge solo deposits) to lock in the cabin I want. And if I change my mind, there's absolutely no risk.

The whole point in reduced deposit is to pay less up front, but then people go ahead and make payments early anyway. I don't get it. I'll just make the up-front deposit and wait until final payment. It all goes on a credit card. I earn points, I redeem points for cash and use cash to pay the credit card bill. In the end, it's all the same to me. The price is the price whether I pay it now or later.

[quote

The whole point in reduced deposit is to pay less up front, but then people go ahead and make payments early anyway. I don't get it. I'll just make the up-front deposit and wait until final payment. It all goes on a credit card. I earn points, I redeem points for cash and use cash to pay the credit card bill. In the end, it's all the same to me. The price is the price whether I pay it now or later.

Freedom of Choice!

I agree with you that the price is the price no matter what but I like the 50% off deposit sale. I don't do credit cards and usually book a year out so this gives me the flexibility of just sending them small payments every other week until it is paid off. For me it is a great way to book a cruise without dishing out a full deposit for 4 people.