Does RC ever offer deals on Bev Pkgs?

We are going on Oasis on 8/22 and thinking of purchasing a beverage package for each of us. Does anyone know if RC typically runs sales on these? I saw a deal where you can get a Royal Refreshment pkg free with an Ultimate pkg. But, I am interested in 2 Ultimates...hoping they might run a deal on that? Any insight would be MUCH appreciated!

They recently had a deal for BOGO half off, but it was only for Premium packages. I couldn't get the Ultimate without paying full price. I'll be attempting to upgrade onboard, as there's been some posted opinions that they'll do the upgrade for just the extra ~$6 per once we're there.

I've seen some UK based cruises that come with "free" premium packages, but they usually jack up the price of the cruise to cover the free part.

Edited by clarea

I've seen some UK based cruises that come with "free" premium packages, but they usually jack up the price of the cruise to cover the free part.

Hi Bob, just to put things in perspective. We recently priced out a cruise whilst onboard the Vision in both Dollars and Sterling, the difference was £200 more going with the UK booking but we would have got the premium package at a value of £790 . We did book with the US in the end for the flexibility but we nearly had a marital in front of the LA ! :D

When we paid online in March it was more online. I was not happy to see it cheaper on the ship. Quite surprising.

Just so that I understand, a drink package that you had purchased online before the trip was more expensive than the were same package that they were selling onboard?

Edited by CookieDiva

So then, is it common knowledge on these boards to wait to buy your drink packages on board?

What happened was the price changed. If you bought it online, the price you paid stayed. On the ship, it cost exactly the same amount. Booking sales are common, and they can include drink prices. But that is a booking sale. Tips also changed. So basically there is not onboard advantage over pre-buying.

On my Adventure cruise September 2013, I bought the package online. When I got on board it was on special, buy 9 days, get 12! That's a 25% discount. So I cancelled the one I bought ashore and then bought a new one on board. Only time I've ever seen it done though.

It can cost more to purchase on board as we found out on our last Serenade sailing. I read on Cruise critic some beverage managers were offering buy one second one half price once on board and since I had some onboard credit we decided to wait till boarding. It cost 5% more once on board because the city of Boston put a special tax on it . I learned not to believe everything you read on Cruise critic as fact.