Anchorage Restaurants

dcl1710

most of the restaurants downtown are "tourist restaurants",,,,at least in the summer. F St. Station is an example....hundreds of tourists, hundreds of locals...Anchorage is as big as the state of Delaware so almost wherever you go you will find a tourist in the restaurant....don't worry....most of them are good. The few non touristic restaurants are those Asian restaurants. Vietnamese and Korean restaurants are usually wonderful....and you probably won't find a tourist in them.....but most people don't come to Alaska to drink Pho...don't worry....just enjoy...

We like the same restaurants as the tourists, we just go out to dinner more in the winter to avoid them. The further you get from downtown the more locals you will see. Pepe’s Turnagain House is very good. It’s located down Turnagain Arm about 30 minutes from downtown. There’s a new restaurant in south Anchorage called South. More of a locals place since it’s south of downtown and requires a car as does Pepe’s. Possibly Fire Tap across the street from South. We love breakfast at Snow City Café but it’s downtown and packed. The alternative locals place is Beth’s on Old Seward Highway. Not as splashy as Snow City’s menu but fantastic down home meals.

We like the same restaurants as the tourists, we just go out to dinner more in the winter to avoid them. The further you get from downtown the more locals you will see. Pepe’s Turnagain House is very good. It’s located down Turnagain Arm about 30 minutes from downtown. There’s a new restaurant in south Anchorage called South. More of a locals place since it’s south of downtown and requires a car as does Pepe’s. Possibly Fire Tap across the street from South. We love breakfast at Snow City Café but it’s downtown and packed. The alternative locals place is Beth’s on Old Seward Highway. Not as splashy as Snow City’s menu but fantastic down home meals.

Glaciers is right. We do go out to dinner more often after the middle of September....:) that said, I am going to the Bridge this weekend....I love the way they cook salmon....

Do you think you need reservations Wednesday to Friday? And, any suggestions would be appreciated!

We arrived in Anchorage this past Tuesday and ate at the Snow Goose. Walked right in about 5 pm and plenty of tables. Was more crowded when we left. Food was great. We split a copper river salmon dish and their fish and chips. Both were the best I've had. We would highly recommend the place.

As we walked around downtown, we heard folks talking about long waits at some of the other restaurants. So it is likely that you would want reservations at the "popular" spots.

Glaciers is right. We do go out to dinner more often after the middle of September....:) that said, I am going to the Bridge this weekend....I love the way they cook salmon....

And the all you can eat starter bar with tanner crab and smoked salmon is a treat.

We debated and finally decided to eat here in mid-June. Loved it. You definitely need reservations if you don't want to sit and wait. Lots of tourists but everyone in our group of 7 loved their meal. I had Copper River salmon that was outstanding and the two people who had the herb crusted salmon refused to share. :)