friends... i need help! cx vs no show. OH NO!

so my DREAM cruise is in a few days. My brother who was booked to go got a call from the uppers informing him that he has to go to mandatory training and can not go on cruise....

1. I am going to try and take his two kids with me, ages 12 and 14.

I was told to have an original letter from a parent giving me permission to be guardian and permission for the kiddos to sail. Anyone have any issues with this????

2. He is primary on the room that is booked for himself, my young brother and the two kids. Should he cx? Or no show???

You need the letter authorizing you signed and notarized by BOTH parents (see carnival faq) also either someone in the cabin needs to be 25yo unless you have adjoining cabins (again carnival faq)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Carnival's FAQ page...

Traveling with a Minor

When traveling with a minor where one parent or both parents (or legal guardians) are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent(s) (or legal guardians) authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security.

Are you traveling solo with the 2 kids? If so, I would probably cancel your cabin and do a name change to put yourself in his cabin.

Call a PVP or TA to explore all your options.

Are you traveling solo with the 2 kids? If so, I would probably cancel your cabin and do a name change to put yourself in his cabin.

I'm confused about who is booked where too. She saying who is in the brother's cabin, but what does she have?

As long as you are across the hall or beside the other cabin you can stay in the rooms you are in. The nephew who is 12 is going to be the reason for this. If kids are 12 or under they have to be across the hall or beside you, any where else on the ship and you are going to have a problem (13 to 18 can be within 3 rooms). At this point I would just let the brother be a no show, if you cancel you run the risk of the other people in the room having to pay more to cover his part. If you are not within the allowed cabins it isn't going to matter if your brother cancels or no shows, the kids won't be allowed to board.

Deleted, I read a wrong date,

Edited by RuthlessBoss

This situation is way more complicated than the people here are telling you.

The kids can be in another cabin without an adult if they are YOUR kids.

You need to call whoever you booked with and discuss what arrangements you need to make.

It will not matter if your brother cancels or no shows at this point.

You did not give enough information in your post for accurate advice beyond call whoever you booked with and ask your question.

This situation is way more complicated than the people here are telling you.

The kids can be in another cabin without an adult if they are YOUR kids.

You need to call whoever you booked with and discuss what arrangements you need to make.

It will not matter if your brother cancels or no shows at this point.

You did not give enough information in your post for accurate advice beyond call whoever you booked with and ask your question.

Not enough information is true. When is the cruise? What were your accomodations?

I think you need to speak with Carnival and you might ask to speak to a supervisor. Hopefully you can get an informed answer. Since you are traveling in a few days you are likely in 100% penalty phase. If you cancel you will lose everything. If your brother had insurance then you will need to follow their guidelines. Some policies require you to cancel with the cruise line others don't. Since you are asking I am guessing he doesn't have insurance.

I in NO WAY mean this as a flame of the OP however we need to learn from this unfortunate situation. Insurance can be good. Cancel for any reason would have protected their investment. And even with the simplest of bookings, I like using a PVP. I could have an emailed answer to take with me to be sure I could still get on board. Again this is not intended as a flame but rather an opportunity of all of us to learn.

The only thing I can add to this conversation is that in addition to the letter from both parents giving you permission to take their kids, you should also include in that letter permission from both of them granting you permission to make medical decisions for them in the event of a medical situation. I took my niece with me and carried a letter with me stating both of those things, and I had the letter notarized.

Best wishes for a good resolution.

A few items. I would go to the HR department and let them know you have approved time off. I would discuss this with the boss that this is a financial loss and a broken promise/approval. I would request reimbursement. If it all fails, than I would still go on the vacation.

Secondly, it cost more to replace you than to keep you. Although you have no rights, working for a company that doesn't respect you, is best for another sucker to enjoy.

Lastly, you could always bow down, kiss the bosses feet, and become forever his servant.

Honestly, this happened to me, and I continued to work for the next 6 years for the company. You can always get fired, but it sounds like a good thing.