I am So Sick of This Scam! Ramada

AFT_LOVER

Again in the mail today we get a very important looking envelope. Open it to see Ramada Plaza Resorts sending us a $1600 certificate (because of our excellent credit score). First of all I have my credit info blocked at the big 3. So how does Ramada get it as we never stay there.

Then it goes on to tell us that we get

3 nights of "Gold Key" Award Winning accomodations in Sun-kissed South Fla

RT cruise on Carnival or Imperial Majesty Cruise Line (I thought that sunk)

Port of call on the beautiful island of Nassau Bahamas (so we know where Carnival is headed)

2 night of "Gold Key" Award Winning accomodatiosn in Magical Orlando Florida

7 days of transportation with Alamo Rent-A-Car during your vacation. (But you have only 5 days at resorts)

AND IF YOU CALL WITHIN 48 hours:

2 nights in Las Vegas

3 nights in Puerto Vallarta Mexico

BOTH TIMESHARE DEVILS.................

I thought lawsuits put them out of this telemarketing, timeshare scams. I have sent this to my AG just in case. I also contact our eyeteam on news channel 19 to use it on TV advising folks to pitch it fast......

It's definitely a timeshare selling mechanism. And please be aware, NO ONE gets the Carnival cruise, everyone gets the Imperial Majesty 2-night cruise to Nassau on the Regal Empress.

And if I remember correctly, nowhere does it say any of that stuff is FREE. You don't win anything. You have to pay and pay and pay.

Toss it for sure!

BobK/Orlando

Tips from Andy Rooney:

Another Good Idea: When you get "ads" enclosed with your phone or utility bill, return these "ads" with your payment. Let the sending companies throw their own junk mail away.

When you get those "pre-approved" letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away the return envelope.

Most of these come with postage-paid return envelopes, right? It costs them more than the regular 37cents postage "IF" and when they receive them back.

It costs them nothing if you throw them away! The postage was around 50 cents before! the last increase and it is according to the weight. In that case, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little, postage-paid return envelopes. One of Andy Rooney's (60 minutes) ideas. Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Send a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their blank application back!

If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them.

You can even send the envelope back empty if you want to just to keep them guessing!

Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting their own junk back in the mail.

Let's let them know what it's like to get lots of junk mail, and best of all they're paying for it...Twice!

Let's help keep our postal service busy since they are saying that e-mail is cutting into their business profits, and that's why they need to increase postage costs again. You get the idea !

If enough people follow these tips, it will work---- I have been doing this for years, and I get very little junk mail anymore.

Me too, thanks for the idea. When I was in high school, we did this to a neighbor that was mean to all the kids in the neighborhood. We signed him up for everything under the sun. He must have had 20 magazines a day sent to him. It was funny watching the mailman struggle to his house every day. It was mean, I know it, but I was in high school then and didn't know any better.

Me too, thanks for the idea. When I was in high school, we did this to a neighbor that was mean to all the kids in the neighborhood. We signed him up for everything under the sun. He must have had 20 magazines a day sent to him. It was funny watching the mailman struggle to his house every day. It was mean, I know it, but I was in high school then and didn't know any better.

Ahhh so you are a "jerk".....Just kidding!!;)

Tips from Andy Rooney:

Another Good Idea: When you get "ads" enclosed with your phone or utility bill, return these "ads" with your payment. Let the sending companies throw their own junk mail away.

When you get those "pre-approved" letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away the return envelope.

Most of these come with postage-paid return envelopes, right? It costs them more than the regular 37cents postage "IF" and when they receive them back.

It costs them nothing if you throw them away! The postage was around 50 cents before! the last increase and it is according to the weight. In that case, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little, postage-paid return envelopes. One of Andy Rooney's (60 minutes) ideas. Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Send a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their blank application back!

If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them.

You can even send the envelope back empty if you want to just to keep them guessing!

Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting their own junk back in the mail.

Let's let them know what it's like to get lots of junk mail, and best of all they're paying for it...Twice!

Let's help keep our postal service busy since they are saying that e-mail is cutting into their business profits, and that's why they need to increase postage costs again. You get the idea !

If enough people follow these tips, it will work---- I have been doing this for years, and I get very little junk mail anymore.

I love this info.

What if you used their return evelope but cross out their return address, could you then use their evelope to send a friend mail and the telemarker spam company will still have to pay for it?

:)

I love this info.

What if you used their return evelope but cross out their return address, could you then use their evelope to send a friend mail and the telemarker spam company will still have to pay for it?

Don't think so. I be there is a law about this. If I were to try it I would use a label over the return address. Again I don't think it's legal.:)

I love this info.

No, the person receiving it will have to pay for it. Companies have accounts set up to pay the bill when the returns arrive. At home, it would either arrive C.O.D. or, most likely, not arrive at all. At any rate, the original company sending the mailing won't be paying for it.

How do I know? I used to send direct mail.

Someone asked how their name get's on lists even though they are on the "Do not call" or "Opt out" lists? There are so many ways around this. If you EVER sign up to win anything at the mall, a lottery et..... you're name can end up back on a list. Pre-Approved credit isn't anything more than a line in most cases. They'll still want your information and most offers state they can still turn you down somewhere in the fine print.

Andy Rooney's idea would work if a large minority of the people getting this stuff would return it empty. Unfortunately, to few ever think of it and even fewer do it. It got to be just to much of a hassle and easier to shred it in our case. I did this for a couple of years and it didn't slow them down one bit. In fact, I think they picked up the pace.

Oh, and by the way, some people DO actually get the Carnival cruise. You just have to pay an upcharge to sail Carnival rather than Royal Impress.

Tips from Andy Rooney:

This suggestion won't cut down on junk mail and may in fact, increase it. "The primary metric used to guage the effectiveness of many direct mail campaigns is the number of responses recieved (even if responses are negative.)"

If you go to snopes.com you'll find more info on this and some ways you may choose to deal with this problem. In the search bar on this site, type in Andy Rooney and junk mail. So many things we get, some from snail mail but mostly from e's, are false or shades of the truth. This is a great site to check info, once you figure out the key words to use. In this case, it was easy.

Tips from Andy Rooney:

I have been doing this for years and get a kick out of it. I send them back thier own ad. I cut off off my mailing address so they don't know who sent it to them. Helps keep the post office from raising the rates too. The sender has to pay for postage both ways. I'm sure the credit card and mortgage companies love it when I do that. :)

I like to shred the applications/ads/whatever and THEN put them in the envelope and return them. I bet it makes those folks who open them smile to get a little "party" sent to them, complete with confetti!!!:p Just trying to spread the joy, keep the USPS in business and hopefully not get 12 million of those things every day.

...do not throw away the return envelope.

Most of these come with postage-paid return envelopes, right? It costs them more than the regular 37cents postage "IF" and when they receive them back....

Be careful about this, because many now bar code the return envelopes and can identify where they come from. They probably scan the code, and their equipment then generates and mails a new credit card without even opening the envelope.

Be careful about this, because many now bar code the return envelopes and can identify where they come from. They probably scan the code, and their equipment then generates and mails a new credit card without even opening the envelope.

Legally they can't do this without permission. Not to mention I'm sure the credit card company won't issue a credit card to someone who has bad credit so they have to run a credit check anyways. If you shred it like VernRDH does, then it cant be scanned unless some kid has way too much time on his hands and puts it back together.

Legally they can't do this without permission. Not to mention I'm sure the credit card company won't issue a credit card to someone who has bad credit so they have to run a credit check anyways.
Returning the envelope is in itself a form of implied consent. Also, do you really believe they "won't issue a credit card to someone who has bad credit"? They know the potential clients' credit before they mail the feelers; that's why they send them!

Archived