Allure Suite questions in the Caribbean

I am travelling with my visually impaired 78 yo parents next Feb. We have cruised before, but this is our first suite. I managed to grab 11330 (formerly the secret balcony) at a pretty good discount, so I decided to go for it since mom wanted a big trip. I just have a few questions so that I am prepared. I have to do all the reading and if I just know in advance it makes me look double smart to my parents. :)

Check in-I know there are special suite lines, but does it matter how early we show up? And once we get on the ship, is the suite lounge and the coastal kitchen immediately available? The viking lounge was always a fave for me, I am pretty thrilled that it is our new place to go.

I have read that the coastal kitchen has the formal night menu, and nice khakis and a shirt with closed toe shoes will work for dad? We don't bring really fancy clothes with us ever, so we just never bother with the mdr on formal nights.

I know they serve beer, wine, and soft drinks during the day, is it ok to take those to the outside suite sun deck? I know it is a little iffy to take them to your room. Am I going to need to tip daily at that bar-we are not big drinkers, but I expect dad to have a few beers a day and I love my fizzy mineral water. I just want to be prepared, so that he doesn't have to fumble for money.

I have read a lot of reviews, but no one ever mentions using the perk of luggage valet-they do have that service on Allure in the Caribbean, right?

I don't know if we will often order room service, but what do you tip for that for 3 people? And are the menus on the tv or written.

Has anyone seen whether they upgraded the deck furniture yet on the new suites at the back?

Finally, everyone talks about the roast beef sandwiches that are so amazing in the park cafe, but someone also mentioned a good Italian lunch for the first day, I think on the promenade? I can't find it now.

Thanks in advance for any help. I have to read every menu, every sign, every tshirt and every price tag for them. It helps to know lots of other things in advance so I don't have to worry about it.

I am travelling with my visually impaired 78 yo parents next Feb. We have cruised before, but this is our first suite. I managed to grab 11330 (formerly the secret balcony) at a pretty good discount, so I decided to go for it since mom wanted a big trip. I just have a few questions so that I am prepared. I have to do all the reading and if I just know in advance it makes me look double smart to my parents. :)

Check in-I know there are special suite lines, but does it matter how early we show up? And once we get on the ship, is the suite lounge and the coastal kitchen immediately available? The viking lounge was always a fave for me, I am pretty thrilled that it is our new place to go.

I have read that the coastal kitchen has the formal night menu, and nice khakis and a shirt with closed toe shoes will work for dad? We don't bring really fancy clothes with us ever, so we just never bother with the mdr on formal nights.

I know they serve beer, wine, and soft drinks during the day, is it ok to take those to the outside suite sun deck? I know it is a little iffy to take them to your room. Am I going to need to tip daily at that bar-we are not big drinkers, but I expect dad to have a few beers a day and I love my fizzy mineral water. I just want to be prepared, so that he doesn't have to fumble for money.

I have read a lot of reviews, but no one ever mentions using the perk of luggage valet-they do have that service on Allure in the Caribbean, right?

I don't know if we will often order room service, but what do you tip for that for 3 people? And are the menus on the tv or written.

Has anyone seen whether they upgraded the deck furniture yet on the new suites at the back?

Finally, everyone talks about the roast beef sandwiches that are so amazing in the park cafe, but someone also mentioned a good Italian lunch for the first day, I think on the promenade? I can't find it now.

Thanks in advance for any help. I have to read every menu, every sign, every tshirt and every price tag for them. It helps to know lots of other things in advance so I don't have to worry about it.

Just wanted to make this clear for you... Coastal Kitchen does not have the MDR formal night menu, but on the 2nd formal they serve lobster in addition to their regular menu. There are two menus for CK, one that is used from nights 1-4, and another for nights 5-7.

Dress is smart causal for all nights.

Just wanted to make this clear for you... Coastal Kitchen does not have the MDR formal night menu, but on the 2nd formal they serve lobster in addition to their regular menu. There are two menus for CK, one that is used from nights 1-4, and another for nights 5-7.

Dress is smart causal for all nights.

Good info. I obviously misconstrued what someone said. I personally hate seafood, but they love it. Maybe we will order room service those days.

To take a beer from the SL to the suite sun deck you would have to go to the opposite end of the ship(bow area), your beer would warm up. There is a bar there for suite guest $'s

Room service menu is printed and yes a small tip is good depending on what's ordered, maybe 2-5$ or a little more for full meals

Yes, luggage valet is included as a suite perk

You can get Italian lunch here for $'s. Giovanni's Table

Take a trip to Tuscany in this casual Italian eatery that has a dish to tantalize any palate.

On deck 8

Edited by setsail