Sun 6009 review and photos!!

nunuc2000

Howdy,

Several months ago I had posted on here looking for info and pics on room 6009 on the Sun for my sis-in-law and her dad who were taking an Alaskan cruise this month - I found a little info, but absolutely no pics. I promised to get my SIL to take some photos and provide a review on that room so that others might benefit. Well they just returned from their 2 week Alaskan Cruise a few days ago... and she provided me with pictures and a bit of a review on that room!

Without further ado:

"We were happy with our stateroom (#6009 FWD). Much quieter, I think than mid-ship, and pretty close to everything (especially the spa on deck 11 FWD, lol!). The only downside that I can think of is our porthole window (although it was huge and provided a great view to the outside) faced the outside promenade deck on level 6 so a few people tried to peer through our window (mostly curious kids wondering what was inside)...plus the thump-thumping of joggers at 8am every morning...so we couldn't really keep the curtains open all the time. We would have avoided that on decks 5 or 7. But otherwise, the room was great, no complaints. I've attached a few photos here...very spacious...enough room for up to 5!"

But now I need to figure out how to make the 4MB photos small enough to upload here and still be big enough to be visible... any hints on how to do that? LOL!

Celine

Yay :) I remember your post and have also been curious about 6009 so will love seeing your photos. I've posted photos of some of the other Sun "obstructed" oceanviews - - used photobucket. It is free unless you need lots of photo space.

LOL remember if you delete a photo from photobucket it also disappears from your post.

• 6 months later...

Thank you for posting the photos. I found them very helpful. I was wondering if you can tell me what size is the sofa bed in this particular room? Is it a single or would it fit 2 person? The photo looks like there is also a pullman bed, but we cannot use it as we are travelling with 2 small kids.

Thank you very much. This is an old post but I sure hope you will see this. :) Really appreciate the help.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, nunuc2000 said:

Yes, it was an extra large porthole window, but it looked out to the promenade walking deck, so it wasn't terribly private. 

Other than privacy, was there any other issues , it looks to be a large room.

1 hour ago, nunuc2000 said:

Yes, it was an extra large porthole window, but it looked out to the promenade walking deck, so it wasn't terribly private. 

That should have been porthole, spell checked change it.lol

It looks larger than any porthole I have ever seen. Thank you

9 minutes ago, Pugs said:

That should have been porthole, spell checked change it.lol

It looks larger than any porthole I have ever seen. Thank you

It was actually my sister-in-law and her dad who stayed in that room, and this was her comment on it... hope it helps :) :

"We were happy with our stateroom (#6009 FWD). Much quieter, I think than mid-ship, and pretty close to everything (especially the spa on deck 11 FWD, lol!). The only downside that I can think of is our porthole window (although it was huge and provided a great view to the outside) faced the outside promenade deck on level 6 so a few people tried to peer through our window (mostly curious kids wondering what was inside)...plus the thump-thumping of joggers at 8am every morning...so we couldn't really keep the curtains open all the time. We would have avoided that on decks 5 or 7. But otherwise, the room was great, no complaints. I've attached a few photos here...very spacious...enough room for up to 5!"