Breakaway or Carnival Splendor 8/29?? Need help deciding

lakeariel

I am new to Norwegian and have sailed Carnival 5 times. I have a courtesy hold on a large balcony 9120 that will expire this evening. I have read reviews about the crowds on the Breakaway.That is the only thing stopping me from clicking PAY. I really would like to try a new line. Please talk me into it and steer me away from Carnival.Thanks!!!!

I have been on both and although I do like carnival... The breakaway is a great ship! The food and entertainment is top notch. You won't regret your decision.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Have sailed on Carnival twice. Have sailed on NCL 16 or 17 times....starting to lose count but you get the picture! NCL does freestyle right and we love the food and entertainment.

Breakaway is a beautiful ship and there are some good promos now.

Hope whatever you choose you have a great time:D

We've been on both. Had fun on both. Carnival's staterooms are bigger than Breakaways staterooms. Breakaways bathrooms are larger, especially the shower.

That's where the comparison ended for us.

Way more to experience on Breakaway. NCL crew is so much fun. Pool area does get super crowded but there are so many other decks to lounge on.

Book your large balcony cabin and enjoy Breakaway. She's a great ship.

Hope this helps.

My 2 cents worth.....Love both Carnival (24) and NCL (10) but for this I would pick splendor. I say this because I have done both ships, just not loving these huge ships. The only difference I found was about 4 or 5 extra decks of cabins. Way too many people, crowded common areas and forget the pool, no chairs in the sun and way to small for the number of people on board. Now with all that said, it's a beautiful ship and not sure what is important to you when you cruise but for us were going back to the GEM. Actually my favorite ships are 70,000-90,000 ton just the right size. Enjoy which ever one you choose.