Snorkeling at Nachi Cocom

MaiTaiMary

How is the snorkeling at Nachi Cocom? I just made my reservations and was asked if I wanted to add on a snorkeling excursion. We love to snorkel and if we bring our own equipment, is it necessary to book an excursion?

thanks. :)

The excursion takes you by boat to 2-3 spots on the reef and takes about 90 minutes and costs about $35 -- the folks next to us a little while back did the excursion and were very happy. I was even happier to stay at Nachi and enjoy 2-3 drinks while they were gone! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We booked out day at Nachi Cocom. I chose NOT to make the snorkeling reservations, though. Does anybody know if I can add this on once we get there? I'm thinking I didn't make a very good choice. I thought we would be able to snorkel off of the beach.

thanks.

We booked out day at Nachi Cocom. I chose NOT to make the snorkeling reservations, though. Does anybody know if I can add this on once we get there? I'm thinking I didn't make a very good choice. I thought we would be able to snorkel off of the beach.

thanks.

You can add this on after you arrive - someone will be around to ask if you want to snorkel, massage, etc. Enjoy! :)

Hi, Two years ago I decided to go snorkeling here. They have tours that locals run. Not a good idea. I went with 5 other people. The captain of the boat dropped us off with a teenage boy and went to dock some where farther out. I am a person who is confident snorkeling without a life vest. A guy in our group had a panic attack. I was the first one that noticed and swam to him keeping him afloat. I was there with two women and their young daughter and this guys girlfriend. Now I am only a 5 foot 3 inch woman who is 48. The captain of the boat signals me to swim this person over to him. Really!! Just be cautious .

Although there isn't much to see if just snorkeling from the beach, is there any gear available at Nachi for this? There are some kids in our group that want to snorkel, and if gear is available they would probably be fine even if not seeing too much.

Thanks!

We were there in May. There is a beach shack/store that has equipment for rent.

One of our group went snorkeling and said there were a few small fish out by the sea grass. I enjoyed a massage, the swimming pool and the unlimited beverages.

No one in our group went on the snorkel boat.

Norine

• 1 month later...
We were there in May. There is a beach shack/store that has equipment for rent.

One of our group went snorkeling and said there were a few small fish out by the sea grass. I enjoyed a massage, the swimming pool and the unlimited beverages.

No one in our group went on the snorkel boat.

Norine

Norine- how much was the massage? and do you know if they do couples massages?

Norine- how much was the massage? and do you know if they do couples massages?

I think the massage was $50-75 but my husband paid for it so not sure. It was really good. They have a 3/4 tent in the trees with 2 massage beds and 2 people.

The lunch was good and so were the included drinks.

Norine

I just booked the snorkeling, never thinking that it was from a boat! Does anyone know if they have a ladder to get into and off of the boat? I don't think I would be able to do it otherwise!

Yes, the boat will have a ladder.

• 1 month later...

Follow up:

We ended up just snorkeling off of the beach and really enjoyed it. There wasn't much to see, but enough to keep us entertained! LOL :D I would recommend bringing your own snorkeling equipment and just checking this out off of the beach if you're just looking for a leisurely day. Again, nothing spectacular to see, but there were definitely fish to check out. :)