Beach options?

cccer

Hi All,

Going to be in St. Maarten in august and the plan was to go to Orange Fever for the day to just enjoy the beach and get some drinks and food. Now I see that this is under construction along with some other places along the beach.

Any ideas of something similar. I know there are a lot of beaches but am looking for a place to get a lounger and some decently priced beer.

Hi All,

Going to be in St. Maarten in august and the plan was to go to Orange Fever for the day to just enjoy the beach and get some drinks and food. Now I see that this is under construction along with some other places along the beach.

Any ideas of something similar. I know there are a lot of beaches but am looking for a place to get a lounger and some decently priced beer.

Karakter at Simpson Bay is a great beach bar. Not sure how cheap the beer is but the chairs are free if you purchase food/drinks and its 25 minutes or so from the port via taxi.

Calmos cafe on Grand Case beach is another fun spot.

Hi All,

The construction at Orange Fever should hopefully be completed by the time you go in August unless another hurricane comes along. :rolleyes:

We like the section of Orient Beach where Orange Fever is located! :)

LuLu

From the links that I posted back in April,

Work should begin in June 2015. The operators will thus have to leave for several months. The Community has mandated Semsamar order to realize these rehabilitation works are expected to cost € 2 million to the Community. In any case the budgeted amount that was passed in territorial council in November, even if there is not at this time "estimate precisely," said the authority. Operators should be able to invest their new premises at the end of September 2015.

gary