Sunshine boarding delayed tomorrow

AmberTeka

Just read an E-mail From Carnival. Check your e-mail

Ship had to turn around and take a sick passenger to San Juan. Thus are delayed . Will be docking in P.C. at about 10:30am tomorrow

Boarding is from 2:30 pm until 6:00 PM

check your e-mails

just off sunshine. the girl that broke her leg was in st.kitts. she stayed in st.kitts with family on monday. the emergency happened on thurs (seaday). we were told that they were able to"save her life" because of airlifting her. her family had to stay behind on the ship.

they did a great job keeping us informed and working with everyone on travel. phones were turned on free of charge and extrs staff made available to help.

just off sunshine. the girl that broke her leg was in st.kitts. she stayed in st.kitts with family on monday. the emergency happened on thurs (seaday). we were told that they were able to"save her life" because of airlifting her. her family had to stay behind on the ship.

they did a great job keeping us informed and working with everyone on travel. phones were turned on free of charge and extrs staff made available to help.

So it was two different incidents?

Yes,there were two different incidents. The young girl (teenager) was on a jet ski in st.kitts when another jet ski collided with them (there was also a teenage boy on the jet ski with her and two other teenagers on the one that hit them). The girl that broke her leg never came back on the ship. A family member stayed with her while the rest of their group continued on the ship....the other teens involved only had minor bruises. that happened on Monday.

Thursday, at around 12:30 pm I could tell that we had turned and sped up. It was shortly after 1when they made the announcement and asked that we pray for the woman and her family. The helicopter arrived around 4:20 and she was lifted up and then a nurse was lifted up. The woman's family remained on the ship. On Friday morning we were told that they had been able to save her life which leads to the assumption of a heartache, which is what several people said, but nothing was officially stated. We were then told about the expected delay in arrival. Phone calls were allowed at no charge and they opened the shore excursion desk to assist with travel. Each guest was asked to fill out travel information and zone tags and self assist numbers were given out based on travel priority. The tags were delivered around 11pm on Friday along with direction and estimated times.

I felt like they did a great job updating us over the intercom and even though we were driving and did not have to change plans, everything I heard was positive as to how the staff assisted people with changes.

dont know what time it left, but we got in around 10:15. They allowed the first group off at 10:45. We were in the second group ( i think there were 10 groups), and we were called just after 11:05. groups were scheduled to get off until 1:45.

That last part was sarcasm. Do you need a smiley to understand that? The rest I'm just curious about the logistics & how it will work.

Like RuthlessBoss, I thought you were serious as well about diner, entertainment and lunch. Some people would be really ticked off about that and expect to get an OBC for having to pay for a lunch. One never knows on these boards if people are serious or tongue in cheek. So yeah, maybe a smiley face would have given it away that you were only kidding.:rolleyes:

I was also on the Sunshine last Thursday when they had to evacuate the passenger due to health issues. (I heard heart attack or a stroke among the rumors) I HATE it had to even happen, but two thumbs up to Jaime Dee and the rest of the crew for their actions. We were kept informed of what and when things were going on and to actually watch the US Coast Guard helicopter work with our ships crew in the evacuation process was very impressive. Mind you, the ship did not come to a complete stop.

We drove to Port Canaveral, so departing later than expected wasn't an issue for us.