Picking A Cabana At Half Moon

midgecruiser

Cruising on the Westerdam Feb. 2006 and would like to reserve a cabana at Half Moon Cay. They are ALL available at this time (I know, I can't believe it either). We would like to be located away from the crowd and do not wish the shade of any trees. We live in Seattle and frankly I get more "shade" then I want. Any suggestions on cabana color would be great. Thanks, Wendy

We have the pink cabana in three weeks and I understand it is more away from the crowd but not all the way at the end. Seems like a good balance for our group. Lots of people love the turquoise but I do think it is closer to the main beach and a little less secluded. The yellow and the terracotta are the furthest away I believe.

Wow, all of a sudden the Pink seems so popular! When I was trying to decide, I could not get too many folks to reply.

Sierrachik, keep that thing in good shape! We have it in 5 weeks! Looking forward to it, alot. Even splurged for the butler!

There are pics around of all the cabanas. Just search the board.

Have a great cruise. Let us know how things are AS SOON as you get back.

We had the sky blue cabana last month, it was at perfect location, There was not to much crowd, and only another cabana to our left, none to our right since they had a lifeguard there and the place where they have all the stuff u can use in the water, No shade at all, And not far from the bathroom or the rest of the stuff.

CONTRARY TO MIDGECRUISER...we'd love to know which color cabanas have shade trees near them. Being from the northeast, we've found that the Caribbean sun is a bit much and would prefer if there was some natural shade around a cabana that we'd like to reserve at HMC. So for those of you who've been to HAL's private island...please let me know which cabanas have the luxury of some shade trees near them!

Debjo

Our first cruise last year (24 days on the Oosterdam) brought us to this island; there had been a great deal of hurricane damage but they carried on with the b-b-q, etc.

We were amazed with the cabanas and butlers................never having heard of all of these things!

There was a crowd of people in the water a ways from me and they invited me over.................their butler kept going back to the b-b-q to fetch hamburger buns because they were feeding the fish! It was SUCH fun............large (12 - 15 inches, I get) roundish white fish with black stripes were "everywhere" and eagerly taking pieces of the bread.

I have white fingernails and they kept trying to get my nails!~

The butler kept serving wine/champagne/whatever to the people.........they were having a blast.

ENJOY!!:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Zuiderdam last December and booked the green cabana. It is all the way at the end. We loved it!! It also had some trees with hammocks. We had the best of both worlds-sun when we wanted and shade for a nap. We also had the butler service. Fabulous lunch and service. Our butler was Herman. He was awesome!! He even waded out in the water to serve us with champagne and strawberries while we floated on our foam mats. We were traveling with another couple. We all felt like kings and queens for the day!!

We were on the Zuiderdam last December and booked the green cabana. It is all the way at the end. We loved it!! It also had some trees with hammocks. We had the best of both worlds-sun when we wanted and shade for a nap. We also had the butler service. Fabulous lunch and service. Our butler was Herman. He was awesome!! He even waded out in the water to serve us with champagne and strawberries while we floated on our foam mats. We were traveling with another couple. We all felt like kings and queens for the day!!

Sounds really nice. We have the green cabana this December.:D We can't wait.

For Joe n' Tud...

Thought I read somewhere that butler service was not available for the two cabanas located at the far end...do you know if this was true and has changed?

Debjo

We had the Taupe cabana this past April. The "beach boys" made sure that we were well taken care of...........the cabana was the first or second from the dock. We absoutly loved it. We are now booked on the Westerdam, and would love to enjoy a cabana again. I have pictures of the cabanas, but it would look rather small by the time that I degraded the pixels to "small". If anyone can help me to afix a link, let me know or I'll send the picture to you. Thanks

Rick

Does anyone know if any of the other cabanas have hammocks? My DH would love that.

Archived