Westerdam Alaska June 13-20 videos

LovetheSea

I just posted two videos of our Westerdam cruise to Alaska. From

June 13-20. We had a fantastic time. Beautiful weather in Glacier Bay. Over 80 degrees in Juneau.

*My thoughts and prayers to those people who came on the Westerdam right after we left, who lost their lives in Ketchikan. So horrible and tragic.

Thank you for posting your videos. Loved getting an advance look at life on board the Westerdam and the entertainment. Sitka is so beautiful and we are very much looking forward to visiting it for the first time later this year. I see that tenders were used.

Although we had heard it was warmer this year we were still surprised that it was in the 80's in Juneau and Skagway. Most passengers were in short sleeves and others removed jackets (we were on the Jewel of the Seas June 12-19). You got some great pictures of the Empress Hotel. What a lovely way to spend some time while in Victoria.

Will you please share with us any additional comments about the Westerdam and your cruise.

Edited by qsuzi

We made this to show our family. So some of it is probably not too exciting. But there is a lot of the ship and ports on them.

-:D- I luv the small details that you show,, it puts a smile on my face as I remember my cruise

i just posted two videos of our westerdam cruise to alaska. From

june 13-20. We had a fantastic time. Beautiful weather in glacier bay. Over 80 degrees in juneau.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9it_zgyyxg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a9s-qjsff8

*my thoughts and prayers to those people who came on the westerdam right after we left, who lost their lives in ketchikan. So horrible and tragic.

-- ---

im just watching the second video,, and I had my daily chuckle, when I watched the ( bike for 9) driving around in sikca, and a single biker almost bumped into them,, very comical-- and thank you for taking and showing this video, :)

So did you run into Newt Gingrich on your cruise? When we were getting ready to get on the Westerdam for our cruise (yes, the one with the tragic plane crash), he was spotted waiting for his pickup ride. My daughter jumped out and asked if she could have her picture taken with him and he said, "Yes, if you hurry."

-that's always fun spotting a celebrity, on the N.A. in Jan. I ran into a Toronto TV news announcer-- and we hung out at the lido bar- for a couple of hours

Edited by maxie99

I enjoyed your video to Alaska and back. We have done it twice. Last time two weeks on the Amsterdam.

We went thru the Panama Canal on the Westerdam and she is a beautiful ship.