12 Hour Sale and "BL" Rate?

Bobblefrog

Hi all -

Checking fare viewer this morning and see a 12 hour sale that is lower than my current ES rate. But when I go to pull up the rates for Balcony, all I see is BL - not the usual categories. Is that a generic rate for all balconies regardless of the level? Color me confused!

EDIT: Ah, think I answered my own question - this is how they designate guarantees. Not willing to give up my cabin selection even though it was a nice price difference!

Edited by Bobblefrog

If you notice it is a 12 hour sale and the offer ends at midnight. I don't think it will work correctly until 12pm today. I am doing a mock booking and it is not showing up on my cruise but on fareviewer it is. I also notice it is for guarantee cabins only.

OOPs...just seen it now in mock booking and it is available and only for guarantee cabins, no assigned cabins.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

just checked the carnival site and don't see it on the main page or in a mock booking... I will wait until 12 noon and see if it changes.

It was on one of my cruises but not the other. We are going to pass since it is a b2b and we want the same room. Big difference in price though.

just checked the carnival site and don't see it on the main page or in a mock booking... I will wait until 12 noon and see if it changes.

It's only good for select cruises through February 2016,so that could be the reason its not showing up for you

This is the disclaimer on the promo

Rates may vary by ship, stateroom type, and sail date. Offer is capacity controlled and category restrictions and exclusions apply. Offer is applicable on select sailings through February 2016. Offer is applicable in guarantee categories IS/OV/BL only. Carnival will assign the stateroom at a later time. Cancellation penalties apply. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia. Offer is applicable on new bookings made between 12:00 PM ET on June 29, 2015 and 11:59 PM ET on June 29, 2015.

Edited by ohiogymrat

So, checking the Feb cruise, I do see the 12 hour sale. Would save me $200 from my current rate, but I would give up my cabin on Deck 7 Fwd.... Not worth it at this time to do that... But will KEEP checking :)

Thanks all for the notice :)