Not a cheerleader.........

But Carnival, I'm impressed!

I just got off the Carnival Miracle this past Saturday and I must say, the cruise was absolutely wonderful.

Embarkation was a breeze.....a bit late but easy, peasy! I like to board around 11:00am and was emailed to board around 3:30 [which I find late for boarding a cruise!]

There was difficulty in finding a parking place, long lines, full elevators and too many folks at the Vista Buffet but, I was onboard. I was feeling a bit rushed to the Muster Drill, missing sail away, as I like this part of cruising to be more relaxed [with a foo-foo drink in my hands] and the breezes blowing through my hair! It was not relaxed and difficult to get into the "cruising experience" feel!

The Miracle has a "party" feel to her; felt very clean, well cared for; with elevators working as they should.

The staff made me feel welcome immediately and my room Steward introduced himself, offering to bring me more of anything if I needed it. We were staying in the Vista Suite #4237 and the fabulous veranda is so welcoming and vast that there's very little anyone could complain about!

Because I'm a seasoned cruiser I knew that we had to be in the dining room by 6:00pm but my daughter [ who had never cruised before] had no idea what was expected or what to do next.

There should be a "what do I do when I board, where do I go?" paper readily available on the table when you first enter your room.

I explained the Muster drill and then what was expected and before you knew it, it all fell into place [because I knew what to expect and where to go.] For a "newby" it would have taken a few days to get the drill!

Our servers were some of the best, the food was excellent and the entertainment in the Phantom Theatre far surpassed any dancers, singers, shows that I've seen onboard a cruise ship in a very long time, and I cruise 3 times a year, every year on various cruise lines. The Miracle's performers far exceeded the best of them on any ships!!!! Bravo and Kudo's to you!!!!

I like the layout of this ship, it's easy to understand and navigate [except when they're taking pictures and clogging-up the hallways.......!]

I'd board this ship again and again. And, that says a lot for a picky person like myself.

Thank you Carnival for giving the public something to rave about for a change!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

But Carnival, I'm impressed!

I just got off the Carnival Miracle this past Saturday and I must say, the cruise was absolutely wonderful.

Embarkation was a breeze.....a bit late but easy, peasy! I like to board around 11:00am and was emailed to board around 3:30 [which I find late for boarding a cruise!]

There was difficulty in finding a parking place, long lines, full elevators and too many folks at the Vista Buffet but, I was onboard. I was feeling a bit rushed to the Muster Drill, missing sail away, as I like this part of cruising to be more relaxed [with a foo-foo drink in my hands] and the breezes blowing through my hair! It was not relaxed and difficult to get into the "cruising experience" feel!

The Miracle has a "party" feel to her; felt very clean, well cared for; with elevators working as they should.

The staff made me feel welcome immediately and my room Steward introduced himself, offering to bring me more of anything if I needed it. We were staying in the Vista Suite #4237 and the fabulous veranda is so welcoming and vast that there's very little anyone could complain about!

Because I'm a seasoned cruiser I knew that we had to be in the dining room by 6:00pm but my daughter [ who had never cruised before] had no idea what was expected or what to do next.

There should be a "what do I do when I board, where do I go?" paper readily available on the table when you first enter your room.

I explained the Muster drill and then what was expected and before you knew it, it all fell into place [because I knew what to expect and where to go.] For a "newby" it would have taken a few days to get the drill!

Our servers were some of the best, the food was excellent and the entertainment in the Phantom Theatre far surpassed any dancers, singers, shows that I've seen onboard a cruise ship in a very long time, and I cruise 3 times a year, every year on various cruise lines. The Miracle's performers far exceeded the best of them on any ships!!!! Bravo and Kudo's to you!!!!

I like the layout of this ship, it's easy to understand and navigate [except when they're taking pictures and clogging-up the hallways.......!]

I'd board this ship again and again. And, that says a lot for a picky person like myself.

Thank you Carnival for giving the public something to rave about for a change!!!

I agree that it is Carnival's staff that makes the Carnival brand special.

It is rare that I encounter a staff member onboard that does not have a greeting and quick smile to share.

Glad to hear you had a good time!

Thanks for the review! I sailed on Miracle for the first time last November/December and loved this ship so much that I booked my next cruise on her, too! I love the Spirit class ships with the two forward pools and one aft, as well. The staff is amazing and warm on Miracle. I've always been treated well, but we had even more fun due to the great attitude on this ship. So glad you had a great time!

I cruised on Miracle in the exact same cabin. I love love love this suite with the wraparound balcony. I have to say, in my opinion, it is the best cabin in the fleet:D

Us too - but we sailed before the dry dock so she was looking a little tired. :(

But...we agree - those wrap balcony suites ARE the best in the fleet. We LOVE the Spirit Class ships and have sailed them all at least once! :D

I agree that it is Carnival's staff that makes the Carnival brand special.

It is rare that I encounter a staff member onboard that does not have a greeting and quick smile to share.

Glad to hear you had a good time!

I totally agree. I've sailed on a few other lines, and while the ships were nice, the staff was never as friendly and upbeat as on CCL. It makes all the difference.