Early Flight out of Fort Lauderdale?

I Luv Crusin

We are cruising the Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale. I am Platinum but I'm cruising with my sister who is NOT. She would like to make a 10:30am flight from FLL. Is it within the realm of possibility?

I KNOW noon would be better but I curious about experiences of other cruisers.

Thanks.

we were on the conquest this past April and made a 10:15 flight with plenty of time to spare. We did platinum self assist (which was a joke because they let ALL self assist off at the same time and customs was not ready for that amount of people. only 1 agent)

I've been at FLL airport as early as 8:20am, and that was after a slightly delayed debarkation. They didn't begin clearing passengers to leave the ship until 8am. We were one of the first ones off the ship. We grabbed our luggage, talked to the Passport Man, and jumped in a cab. This was on Princess.

We sailed the Conquest and flew out at noon from FLL. We had FTTF and stood in the customs line for an hour and then in the longest airport security line I've ever seen for at least another hour or a little more. We did make our flight fine, but definitely saw why they say to be there 2 hours before. I'd never book earlier than noon from there again.

We are cruising the Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale. I am Platinum but I'm cruising with my sister who is NOT. She would like to make a 10:30am flight from FLL. Is it within the realm of possibility?

I KNOW noon would be better but I curious about experiences of other cruisers.

Thanks.

Port Everglades and FLL are so close that the taxi ride is less than 10 minutes and costs about $15. Your sister should use Self Assist. We've booked 11:15 flights and were at FLL with enough time to be bored before we had to board the plane.

Which itinerary are you sailing?

Port Everglades and FLL are so close that the taxi ride is less than 10 minutes and costs about $15. Your sister should use Self Assist. We've booked 11:15 flights and were at FLL with enough time to be bored before we had to board the plane.

Which itinerary are you sailing?

6 day, Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman

We've made an 8:20 am flight out of FLL.....disembarking in Miami!! We did have a private transfer set up, but a cab would have been there at that time as well. Just walked off as soon as they allowed, carried out luggage, and were to FLL by about 7:45. We had a 10:30 flight, but there was an earlier non-stop they were trying to fill up so they rushed us through and we were back in Milwaukee eating lunch at a restaurant at 11:30 am. Now THAT was crazy.

Are you and your sister sharing a cabin? If you are, I think she can debark with you.

I personally wouldn't book that early of a flight. We've been on too many cruises where debarkation is delayed for various reasons.

I have been on these boards a long time.

Do you feel lucky?

Of course you can make this flight if everything goes right.

I have read about people making 7:30 am flights.

I have also read about people missing 11am flights because there were only two customs agents processing on the day they returned to port.

Personally we have made FLL at 8:30 with no problems, but we have also talked to people who go caught behind a slow moving train leaving the port and were delayed over 30 minutes, which required them to reschedule their flight at a huge additional cost.