Celebrity ship[s] in dry dock in Seattle???

Tarheelbelle

When we were in Seattle in late May preparing to sail to Alaska, there was a Celebrity ship in dry dock there---or at least I think it was in dry dock. From the Space Needle, we could see that there were no people on board and the decks looked in bad condition. Does anyone know which ship this is?

I posted this on the "Whatever happened to..." board, and another member had seen a similar ship 3 weeks ago. The host of that board suggested we post here and see if any of you know the answer.

Thanks!

...was in drydock here in Seattle in May or any other time this year. I drive by the local shipyards every day (they are on Harbor Island, southwest of the downtown waterfront) and am quite eagle-eyed about what's there and what's not. Haven't seen a cruise ship there all year, in fact, though HAL (which has its corporate offices here) used it for a couple things in recent years.

The only X visits at all this past May were Summit on May 11 on its annual repo trip up the coast to Vancouver -- that was a routine "morning arrival, evening departure" stop -- and Mercury arriving to start its Alaska season on May 27.

If it was May 27 when you were up at the Needle, perhaps you saw Mercury in the late morning, after the previous group of passengers got off, before the new group was allowed on? -- TR

Archived