Minneapolis to Miami

pazandak63

Karyn,

At least get an idea what prices are now. April flights can be tricky-early April-spring break, Easter, lots of inexpensive tickets already booked. Late April-not so bad.

You need to set a price in your mind that you are comfortable with. Travelocity flexible fares will allow you to see the lowest prices on MOST airlines (before someone's interjects-you can't see the prices on Southwest and Jet Blue) and at least give you some guidelines.

Prices right now are in the low $300's from Minneapolis to Miami per Travelocity flex date. However, Minneapolis to FLL is $183.00. And other cities in Minnesota are MUCH cheaper flying into FLL. I saw nothing that was over $300 from a lot of smaller towns in Minnesota, if you fly in to FLL.

I really don't believe you will see anything cheaper than $183 from MSP. I would book now. One less worry.

You might want to wait and check Southwest into FLL - but they are only showing flights thru January now. We snagged Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale for $112 roundtrip in November, although we are also sailing out of Miami. Even with transport to Miami, it was still cheaper than flying AA direct to Miami.

pazandak, I'm looking for April too from St. Louis to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale (FLL is close enough and sometimes cheaper). I've been looking since June off and on. I look everyday now.

Before Katrina hit, could had nonstop on American before Katrina for 256 RT per person. It's now 394. But in looking at the seats, there aren't more than 10 seats booked on the planes! So I would guess there will be fare sales coming up within the next month or so American just had a sale to Miami (flight had to be taken by mid december) and it was 118! R/T plus fees/tax.

So I think there's a good chance of a decent fare sale to Miami and FLL before year end.

I have seen cheap fares into Palm Beach Int'l. Could have done that (connecting flight) for 195 RT including all fees. But that's further away and would then hve to rent a car and drive.

Southwest may release their April dates in December too.

So keep checking! Oh, what cruise are you looking at? We're sailing on the Victory, 4/9/06....

I fly to Florida nearly every year out of MSP....I always use a travel service right there in the Minneapolis area...the one that starts with an "H" (I'd say the name but sometimes these boards do not allow that). They have deals for as low as $99 RT but if you are in the spring break/Easter season it is not always easy to get a great deal. Last year we traveled to Ft. Myers a few days after Easter and paid just over $200 RT. Sun Country has some awesome bargains, esp. their companion fares. Try their web site http://www.suncountry.com

Good Luck

Julie

Whatever you do spend a little more and get a refundable ticket.

Our cruise was switched by 1 day ( port change do to Katrina) and continental is reaming us 200$ for switching and another 207$ for fare difference. I can find it today for 308 exact flight on Continental`which is now costing us 627$ each:mad: . Continental airlines sux!!!!:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Southwest does not fly from Minneapolis!!!

NWA and Continental allowed FREE changes because of scheduled changes due to Katrina, not sure why it would cost you more money?

All fares during Spring break (as already mentioned) are double normal times

Nonstop flights to Miami on NWA are around $450 for 4/8 - 4/15 and $430 4/15 4/22 and drop to $330 for the following week, cheaper to fly into Ft Lauderdale

Southwest does not fly from Minneapolis!!!

NWA and Continental allowed FREE changes because of scheduled changes due to Katrina, not sure why it would cost you more money?

All fares during Spring break (as already mentioned) are double normal times

Nonstop flights to Miami on NWA are around $450 for 4/8 - 4/15 and $430 4/15 4/22 and drop to $330 for the following week, cheaper to fly into Ft Lauderdale

I got the 200$ change fee back but they would'nt budge on the fare difference

Although, there isn't too much of a concern over hurricane-induced itinerary changes in April. But, this is always the chance we take when we book our own air, instead of with the cruise lines. Things happen, and the cruise line isn't under any obligation to help you change your own flights. Sometimes they help a bit, or talk to the airlines, but not very often.

When we did our eastern Caribbean cruise last March I had our air booked out of MSP the July before! I continued to watch the fares and they went up considerably. I was told that MN folks flock to southern climates in big numbers in March and April and the airlines can fill flights and get big $$ for those tickets. I was glad I had booked 8 months early. Good luck.

Archived