OBC with Carnival CC points

Jenniell

I moved $200 to OBC from my points but it said that it wouldn't allow it until the second day of my cruise. Does anyone have a "been there, done that" situation where you can explain it? Will it magically appear the second day or will it show at boarding?

Yes it will show up on your s&s account on second day. You should also have a confirmation that you can print from your cc account.

I don't know if you can reverse your obc, or food for thought for future. It is a better deal to use your points to pay on your statement. That way you'll get double points for your purchases onboard and have that many more points to use. You have 6 months to accumulate points after your cruise purchases.

Details are on your Barclay account for redeeming rewards.

Yes it will show up on your s&s account on second day. You should also have a confirmation that you can print from your cc account.

I don't know if you can reverse your obc, or food for thought for future. It is a better deal to use your points to pay on your statement. That way you'll get double points for your purchases onboard and have that many more points to use. You have 6 months to accumulate points after your cruise purchases.

Details are on your Barclay account for redeeming rewards.

So just pay onboard charges with the credit card to get double points and then apply for a statement credit after the fact?

Even after reading what little bit I can find on Barclays site about redeeming points as a credit toward my balance I still don't understand how it works. When I have clicked to redeem toward the balance it says can only be done once. Would someone with experience doing this mind explaining it a little better than the site does? Thanks in advance.