Mercury FO Cabins - bed orientation

bryanwal

For any one who has been in on of those Cat FO cabins on the Mercury (Family Stateroom): The Celebrity Website cabin layout and CruiseStaterooms.com show the double bed as being lengthwise with the cabin, meaning that the person sleeping next to the wall would have to crawl over the other person to get in and out. However, the Celebrity Mexican Riviera brochure has a photo of the FO cabin which shows the double bed crosswise to the cabin, which would mean easier access.

If you've seen or been in one of these cabins, which way is it, please?

- Bryan W

Oct 2000 Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean

Jun 2002 Disney Magic - Western Caribbean

Jul 2004 HAL Oosterdam - Alaska

Feb 2005 Celebrity Mercury - Mexican Riviera

Protect your PC!

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

We were in a Mercury (and Century) FO and the double bed is oriented lengthwise against the wall so there is some crawling, as you say, involved. Here are some photos so you can see for yourself: Mercury FO 1152

Jubilee 1991 Solar Eclipse

Century FO 1996 E Carib

Mercury FO 1998 W Carib

Galaxy SS 2000 Alaska IP

Infinity FV 2002 S Carib

Horizon HS 3/05 W Carib

Same goes for 1154, which we had for our Mercury cruise last month ... We solved it by just making sure the partner who usually has to get up at least once at night was not sleeping on that side ... TR

This is what I suspected. Thanks mahdnc, I've seen your photos before which is why I was confused by the Celebrity brochure. I suspect Celebrity's picture may be from another ship!

Because of the bedding situation we upgraded to a SkySuite for our upcoming cruise. My wife has restless legs and needs to get up frequently during the night. You might say then that I should sleep on the inside, but I'm an early riser (when she sleeps her best) and might then wake her when I crawl over her to get up. So I think I'll stick with the Sky Suite - the only inconvenience about that is that they bring in a rollaway for the 4th person and I don't know how that will affect the space in there. Oh, the suffering ...

- Bryan W

Protect your PC!

I just got off the Mercury - I had SS1221 - it's true that the sleeper sofa blocks the verandah when it's opened. I strongly suggest that your 4th sleep on this as well, however, because I cannot see where in the world they would put a rollaway.

Good luck.

I agree with the comment on space for the rollaway. However unless you are talking about a couple of kids, it will be equally difficult to sleep 3rd/4th on the sofa bed.

Jubilee 1991 Solar Eclipse

Century FO 1996 E Carib

Mercury FO 1998 W Carib

Galaxy SS 2000 Alaska IP

Infinity FV 2002 S Carib

Horizon HS 3/05 W Carib

I understand the sleeper sofa is not very big and my sons will be almost 14 & 16 when we sail. I don't think they would be happy to share.

SSMinnow: CruiseStateroom.com allows you to compare staterooms on a number of ships. It shows layout, size, amenities, etc. A useful reference. Note that not all staterooms of the same category are laid out the same, though.

- Bryan W

Protect your PC!

Archived