San Francisco Port - Luggage

Does anyone know of a luggage drop off in advance at the San Francisco pier?

We are arriving a day ahead of the cruise and do not want to leave luggage in the car where we will be staying the night. Anyone know if the port has a luggage holding service so we can drop of luggage the day before?

Thanks.

It was hard enough finding somewhere to store luggage just during the day near the pier in SF, let alone overnight. Very few cruises, only staffed when a ship is arriving/departing, or if booked for events, so no storage at pier 27. I may be parsing your statement incorrectly, but since you have accommodation sorted why wouldn't you just bring it inside with you overnight - have they opened one of those tiny Japanese pod hotels in SF...?

If you mean that you don't want to leave it in the car during the day, and your accommodation will not take it early, then there is very, VERY limited storage available at Pier 39, in the California Welcome Center. Literally just a bit of floorspace behind a curtain, but the staff are there all day to watch it and it's only $5 a suitcase - though try to arrive at 9am sharp like we did, as the woman opening up freaked out when she saw three couples waiting and kept going on (and on, and on, and on) about how they have very limited space and she wished people stopped telling people that they store bags at all...

Edited by martincath

I am driving up with the luggage for 4 people who are flying in from somewhere else and will meet me at the ship. Since all the luggage is with me, for 4 people, it is a lot of suitcases, etc. I will be staying overnight at a hotel about 30 minutes from the port and did not want to leave all this luggage out in the parking lot overnight. Otherwise, I have to haul everyone's luggage into my hotel room and then haul it back to the car the next morning for the drive to the pier. It is a lot of luggage.

It would be nice if I could just drop it all off the day before the cruise at the pier, yet understand they might not be set up for overnight luggage storage.

I would ask the hotel for help to store luggage during day and at night.. give a very generous tip. there is a lot of car breakins in town...and this will be the cheapest and easiest option. there will be someone at the hotel who can do the hauling for you.