Journeys Cruises...Anybody dressing 1987 Throwback Day?

INCHARGE

I think this is going to be so much fun to see the staff dressed in 1987 clothes! And I can't wait to see the old "Carnival. Caper." Apparently they are going to recreate a 1987 Capers newsletter. They were the best, although I was not fortunate enough to see them until the year 2000. I think I will check out some thrift stores to see if I can find some high waisted pleat front jeans. The rest I can work around.

Is anyone else planning on dressing for this Throwback day? I can't wait for the first Journeys cruise, so we can see all the pictures. :)

I think this is going to be so much fun to see the staff dressed in 1987 clothes! And I can't wait to see the old "Carnival. Caper." Apparently they are going to recreate a 1987 Capers newsletter. They were the best, although I was not fortunate enough to see them until the year 2000. I think I will check out some thrift stores to see if I can find some high waisted pleat front jeans. The rest I can work around.

Is anyone else planning on dressing for this Throwback day? I can't wait for the first Journeys cruise, so we can see all the pictures. :)

Where did you see it is going to be 1987? Only thing I have found is that it will be 1980's throwback days.

And yes, we just might dress for the occasion since on 2 of them.

Where did you see it is going to be 1987? Only thing I have found is that it will be 1980's throwback days. John May have had a change since this post, but when I googled the journeys trips, this is what I got.

And yes, we just might dress for the occasion since on 2 of them.

Someone posted it on Carnival forum. John Heald put it on is FB page March 5th. My ipad is not allowing me to find a link, so I had to do a screenshot. Sorry.

image.jpg2_zpsd7d7cawy.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsljuszbc9.jpg

Wow.......1987, had to look online to see what the fashions was back then:

http://www.retrowaste.com/1980s/fashion-in-the-1980s/

After looking at some pictures on that website , I do remember some of the styles I wore back then. Still have some of them packed away :eek: . Don't think I will be able to fit into my corduroy pants.

So...........yes to maybe dressing up for that 1987 day/night since I have some of the clothes. Sounds like it would be fun/interesting thing to do on our Journeys cruise.

Sounds fun Incharge as do these cruises and other planned activities.....Oh dear 1987..not that long ago..but yet it was....gulp..fun to remember the high waisted pants..had those even earlier...LOL..good idea..and thanks for the fashion help Island at sea...Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

I am so an 80's girl LOL. I will be so dressing the part during our Journeys Cruise, I can't wait. However I am going more of the rocker girl. Holy jeans and a Def Leppard Hysteria shirt (1987) and gel bracelets.

Edited by ilovemom