Anybody Read This Review by Peter Knego ?

foxland

http://maritimematters.com/author/pknego/

This is a review of the Star Breeze .. and I have to say that I do like some of the modifications that Windstar have made to the 'Spirit' ..

I was also quite enjoying the review until I got to this line ..

Back on board, as we began to pack, the STAR BREEZE’s friendly, hard-working crew had just restored the whirlpool area on the Deck 5 fo’c’sle. The last elements of Seabourn’s shameful neglect were being remedied for Windstar’s future guests to enjoy.

Now I confess that I wasn't on the Spirit's last crossing before handover [we chose to travel on the Legend] but I simply cannot accept those three words together .. Seabourn - shameful - neglect ..

My experience of cruising with Seabourn, for the past 5 years, has been one of vessels in excellent condition and in the case of the Legend this was certainly the case until the very end.

Were you on the Spirit ? and is this how you remember it ?

I was on the final Spirit crossing and I can assure you it was Seabourn all the way. Food and service were as good as ever (especially with Chef Jes onboard.) There was ongoing maintenance and painting up to the end. Have no idea what was shameful except this characterization.

We were on the Spirit's last crossing and the forward whirlpool was operating so far as we could tell through out the crossing and equally the ship looked to be well maintained with service and food well up to the best of Seabourn

I agree with both Harvey and Henry: Spirit was in top Seabourn condition for her last crossing. Shouldn't Windstar have made all (supposed) repairs in dry dock before the maiden Breeze sailing?

There's no doubt that Windstar has made some nice alterations to the layout of the ship but to me the experience on the triplets was about so much more than where the pool was located or what the club looks like. It was about a "feeling" I had the moment I stepped aboard and knew how well taken care of I would be. No newer decor will ever replace that.

Deck 5 forward is "our deck" we spend most of our time there over the last 15 years on Seabourn and the only shameful thing on the final crossing was the amount of time it was closed off due to the maintenance they were doing! We could not understand why they were doing this when they were handing over to Windstar at the end of our cruise!!!!

Seabourn and neglect in the same sentence???

I was on the Legends final TA (and pre) and neglect is not a word I would use to describe anything done to the ship (the staff being neglected by corporate OTOH are a different issue). Ergo I wouldnt ascribe the term neglect to the Spirit either.