ALLURE of NCL Getaway?Nov--2015?

Hi Donna My husband and I (also both in our 60's) have been on both. Every summer we cruise with our daughter and her family. Two boys now 12 and 13. For that reason we are doing the Getaway in August as we did last year because the boys love all the water slides and the activities going on waterwise. That being said, hubby and I are seasoned cruisers with well over 50 under our belt. We did the Allure a few months ago and are still in awe of the experience. Absolutely wonderful. The entertainment and beauty of the ship INMHO can't be beat. My suggestion would be the Allure. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Haven't been on the Getaway, but it sounds nice. We did the Epic and really didn't like or the line's experience at all. But, that's a personal choice I think. There was a lot of partying being Spring Break and sometimes it got a little out of hand. We're 60's too and can party with the best of them as well as certainly not being prudes ... but it really was wild. Service was good, but we weren't impressed with the entertainment and our dining experiences weren't that great either. We've done Oasis and just returned from the Allure in the Med and love them both. If it's just the two of you and you've not done an Oasis Class trip, I would recommend it highly. It's an amazing experience. However, as one poster said, weigh the price and itinerary too. We found the service, entertainment and dining excellent on both the Oasis and the Allure. Just my opinion. Whichever one you choose, have a fabulous time! Happy Sailing! :)

Haven't been on the Getaway, but it sounds nice. We did the Epic and really didn't like or the line's experience at all. But, that's a personal choice I think. There was a lot of partying being Spring Break and sometimes it got a little out of hand. We're 60's too and can party with the best of them as well as certainly not being prudes ... but it really was wild. Service was good, but we weren't impressed with the entertainment and our dining experiences weren't that great either. We've done Oasis and just returned from the Allure in the Med and love them both. If it's just the two of you and you've not done an Oasis Class trip, I would recommend it highly. It's an amazing experience. However, as one poster said, weigh the price and itinerary too. We found the service, entertainment and dining excellent on both the Oasis and the Allure. Just my opinion. Whichever one you choose, have a fabulous time! Happy Sailing! :)

The Getaway/Breakaway are NCL's arrival into the new century of cruising, vastly superior to the Epic in our opinion, many more choices of entertainment, and is there an uglier ship then the Epic!:eek:

But must admit we still like an occasional cruise on the Pearl, or Dawn, great ships with lots of dining choices, usually great itineraries, and great pool setups.:)

The Allure/Oasis are really 'Destination Ships', for those who care less about itineraries, sort of like 'Mall of America' people who can get lost in a huge shopping mall with all its food, entertainment, shopping for a week. Not meant as a slight, just a different cruising experience.

Edited by American Bear

We've been on both. we are in our mid 50s. Although we are diamond with Royal, I have to say that we enjoyed the Getaway more. For one thing though my hubby is very active, a big kid really. He loved the ropes course and the 5 slides. For me, I loved the clubs on board. They, for the most part were individual rooms with unique live entertainment. One was a dueling piano bar...so much fun and another was a Grammy Experience where they have different guest past Grammy winners entertaining. I liked this because you didn't need to depend on a "pre planned show" for your nightly entertainment. Another venue was the comedy club. There was plenty of room and it didn't require a reservation. I really loved the outside walkway area too. If I had my choice I would pick the Getaway. But if you and yours are more sedate, and don't mind planning ahead then you can't go wrong with Allure.