Quick question about letting Carnival choose your cabin

I let them choose my room and they assigned it a few hours after I booked, however my cruise is 20 days out. Great location too

That is really interesting because when CCL picked my room the location sucked so maybe they are doing better in the room assignments.

Gary

It varies. I think most find out their room number and location before the cruise though. I have heard of some exceptions to this. The two times we went "guaranteed balcony," we found out long before cruise time. I think it depends on how sales are going... just a guess.

That is really interesting because when CCL picked my room the location sucked so maybe they are doing better in the room assignments.

Gary

The ship is pretty full. I was nervous though. It's a gamble.

While having them pick the room is a gamble, the reality is that they really don't want to upset you either. They know the good cabins from the bad, and they do not want to assign the latter unless it is their last option.

Let's face it, a happy customer might be a future customer!

Gary

That's the gamble with a guarantee. Be prepared to accept the worst location. Be happy if it's not.

We've been assigned as soon as the cruise has been purchased to waiting several months.

Do they normally let you know ahead of time what they choose for you or do you have to wait until you check in at dock? Thanks!

Yes, normally they do. But theres an exception to every rule. There are people who have posted on here who have said they have not gotten their assignments until they have gotten to the dock. I think this is not in the majority of the time, but it does happen.

I do really think Carnival tries to make their customers happy and tries to have all the assignments done before embarkation day.

Our May cruise was booked a few weeks in advance & my confirmation e-mail showed cabin as TBA. However, by the time I logged in to my account online (that evening or next morning), a cabin had already been assigned to me. It was a Lido interior handicap. I love Lido deck, so was pleased with that. There was a possibility that I could be reassigned if someone need a handicap cabin. I called CCL when I was ready to print boarding pass & tags to see at what point it would be considered safe to print everything. The rep said that technically we could still be changed. She went on to say that it was unlikely, though, as there were no equal or higher cabins left unsold. So, I printed everything and we kept our cabin. I thought the cabin was near perfect. The way it was situated, we had no cabins sharing a wall with us, so very quiet. It had one less closet, but we managed just fine with the two that it had. Loved the bathroom, as it is very large. It was cabin 9204.