Room service for wine & spirits

PJ's

Hi Everyone

We are flying out to Barbados on 2nd Jan 2016 to join Britannia - can't wait!!!!:) but my question is this: Can you order a bottle of spirits and bottles of wine for cabin consumption as soon as you get on-board and will they be delivered to you straight away?

We usually take our own on board when we sail from Southampton but because we are flying and we have quite a substantial amount of OBC we thought we would order from room service for this cruise. I have looked at the price list for room service and you can get a litre bottle of Gordons gin complete with 6 cans of mixer for £27.40 which seems pretty reasonable to me. Cannot remember the prices in the Barbados duty free when we were last there and the other alternative is to purchase it in Manchester before we fly. What do other people do?

Best bet is to board at Barbados and after going to your cabin get off and go to the duty free. I think they close about 5:30. Plenty of time if you haven't got a late arriving plane. You can get a bottle on room service if not time . The other option is to get half a bottle at uk duty free and top up at first port of call. St Maarten is good but don't know where that fits on your itinerary.

Robin

You can fill out the piece of paper in your cabin and if you are very lucky it may be delivered the same evening. All depends on when your cabin steward picks it up- busy day for him.

If he doesn't collect it until he does cabin turndown you may not get it until the following day.

Never done a fly cruise to know how much time you would have between boarding and the ship sailing, and the shop closing.

Thanks for the feedback. We will probably look at the prices in Manchester before flying out to Barbados, I think this is what we did last time when we flew to the Caribbean. I know the prices are good in St Maarten but we don't arrive there until the second week.