The absolutely fabulous Anthem of the seas

Disembarked this morning after an incredible 14 nights cruising. What more can I say? My Wife and I were first time cruisers so maybe that helped, having had no previous experiences to go by.

We were blown away by the ship, the staff, the food and drink, the shows and the whole general atmosphere. The best holiday we have ever had.

Only problem is where do we go from here?

Edited by The Tuckmeister
grammar

Disembarked this morning after an incredible 14 nights cruising. What more can I say? My Wife and I were first time cruisers so maybe that helped, having had no previous experiences to go by.

We were blown away by the ship, the staff, the food and drink, the shows and the whole general atmosphere. The best holiday we have ever had.

I agree with CaptData... next you really ought to try Oasis, Allure, or Harmony. ;-) Very different ships than Quantum-class, but every bit as unique and outstanding...!

Thanks Guys, we looked at the Harmony for next year and ideally would have loved to have sailed on her but they only offer 7 night cruises which is not enough, so we have provisionally booked the Independence out of Southampton for next year. But I understand that's a very different ship?

Book Ovation - Southampton to Dubai or Singapore??

Agree Anthem is fantastic. I personally do not like Indie but I think I am a lone voice in that area! She has a very different look and feel. If you want a different sort of 'wow' then go for Oasis or Allure.

The absolutely fabulous Allure of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas ;-)

The Oasis class are just an incredible class of ships.

Edited by Overtyme

Thanks Guys, we looked at the Harmony for next year and ideally would have loved to have sailed on her but they only offer 7 night cruises which is not enough, so we have provisionally booked the Independence out of Southampton for next year. But I understand that's a very different ship?

Also disappointed Harmony only doing 7 nights, I'm sure they could have created a b2b with different ports to make up 14 nights

If you compare prices 7 nights on Harmony is similar to 14 on indy

Also disappointed Harmony only doing 7 nights, I'm sure they could have created a b2b with different ports to make up 14 nights

If you compare prices 7 nights on Harmony is similar to 14 on indy

Agreed!

They are VERY different ships. The Oasis class is a revolutionary design, unlike any other ship out there.

It's not for everybody, but to me, it's the best class sailing, hands-down.

We went on Allure 4 years ago, and it was the best cruise we've ever been on!

Do the Harmony Transatlantic from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale in Oct. 2016. 13 nights and lots of sea days to really enjoy the ship. Prices are reasonable although there may not be any more balconies available (mostly sold out). VERY active roll call.

Agreed!

They are VERY different ships. The Oasis class is a revolutionary design, unlike any other ship out there.

It's not for everybody, but to me, it's the best class sailing, hands-down.

We went on Allure 4 years ago, and it was the best cruise we've ever been on!

We did 12 nights on anthem in June and absolutely loved it. We have booked harmony for next year and paid approx the same price for 7 nights as for 12 on anthem but this will be our first time on oasis class so we had to try her! Helped that we wanted to revisit Rome and embarkation from Rome is possible on harmonys itinerary .

The first cruise will always be something special. It will never be the same again!

Next cruises will be great, too if you liked the first one - but there will be something "missing".

The first cruise will always be something special. It will never be the same again!

Next cruises will be great, too if you liked the first one - but there will be something "missing".

Interesting what you say about the first cruise. Ours was our honeymoon on the Tahitian Princess that only had 650 passengers. We met a couple that cruise that we have been friends with ever since that were on their 20th cruise, and said we started with the best and we'll never beat that.

I have to say they are wrong. As the ships have got bigger and better with more to do and more dining options, I really think we would be disappointed to go back to one of those smaller ships.

We had some friends who have been on the Pacific Princess recently and found they really missed all the options on the big ships.

I really think our last cruise is always the 'special' one and look forward to special memories on all future cruises!