Cabin reviews Celebration

Hi folks have been looking for the posting that i think sailaway created regarding cabin recommendations but I cant find it. Can anybody point me in the right direction. Looking for decks 3/4 inside or outside midships if poss.

Thanks all:)

thanks Linda x

Looking at them myself actually Shirley ;)

Hoping to book Celebration tomorrow for September. The cruise I am looking at has dropped £300 :)

I need to transfer some money to my current account before I can book though. TA want £25 admin fee :( but I don't want to book online and then find only L shaped cabins left. Dilemma! I shall have to do some bartering! Do you think if I book my cabin at the shop they will waive the £25? Hmm:rolleyes:

BTW if you are looking at deck pans on here -

https://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/ships/thomson-celebration-deck-plans.html

you will find all the bottom 4 decks are wrong.

For deck 2 click on 1, for deck 3 click on 2, for deck 4 click on 3 and for deck one click on 4 - confused?? you will be! Good ol' Thomson:D:D

Looking at them myself actually Shirley ;)

Hoping to book Celebration tomorrow for September. The cruise I am looking at has dropped £300 :)

I need to transfer some money to my current account before I can book though. TA want £25 admin fee :( but I don't want to book online and then find only L shaped cabins left. Dilemma! I shall have to do some bartering! Do you think if I book my cabin at the shop they will waive the £25? Hmm:rolleyes:

BTW if you are looking at deck pans on here -

https://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/ships/thomson-celebration-deck-plans.html[/url

you will find all the bottom 4 decks are wrong.

For deck 2 click on 1, for deck 3 click on 2, for deck 4 click on 3 and for deck one click on 4 - confused?? you will be! Good ol' Thomson:D:D

It's confusing...on Spirit, on Deck 3 the cabin numbers were in the 400s and 500s. No wonder I kept getting lost!

Of course if the cruise has gone up again by tomorrow, it's back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

Nearly midnight, I shall check and print off the price ;)

Good luck with booking, Linda. I don't think you will be disappointed in the itinerary.

Hi folks have been looking for the posting that i think sailaway created regarding cabin recommendations but I cant find it. Can anybody point me in the right direction. Looking for decks 3/4 inside or outside midships if poss.

Thanks all:)

There are actually some cabins on deck 8 that are bigger thank deck 3/4 but that are in the deck 3/4 category - Robert Tattom has had one in the past Shirley; might be worth checking with him - he was impressed with them!

While we were in Cornwall, I liked the Celebration price for the Caribbean in January, I was checking it every few days, and then we decided the price was right, had a chat and decided to ring our TA back home to book it. I went back on line to have the page open while I spoke to the TA, and found the price had gone down by another £72 giving a price of £2788. Yes I rang my TA and to me it was worth paying the £25 bringing it to £2813 which is our first Caribbean cruise under £3000 and we will love it as we love that itinerary.

Good luck Linda. Strike when the price is right!!

:( but I don't want to book online and then find only L shaped cabins left. Dilemma!

Know what you mean about booking on-line being a bit of a cabin lottery Linda….. Here is my cabin booking review from last Friday… Booked the Majesty for next April 2016 & on phoning to book a cabin was told by the nice man that all my list of first choice inside plus had gone already… Don’t believe them really, I think this far out they save the 4 berth cabins with extra storage for families. Fair enough but they make you call out the first half a dozen numbers before they give you a random list of the numbers that they are prepared to sell to you, leaving us to scrabble about with the deck plans to find if they want to put you above the night club.… The next hurdle is that the system is “very slow today”. I must just be unlucky as all our bookings have been on a very slow day. In fact on this occasion it cost £2 odd on the 10p per min call rate where the nice man said he would be sending the confirmation e-mail straight away… After a wait of half a day Mrs Stevio called back to ask where the e-mail had gone and was told by the nice lady that the earlier nice man had got it all wrong & that while introducing the new booking system they no longer send E-mails ….. Then she said she could see the money had been taken but there was no indication of which room had been booked so she had to re book the originally booked room again, the confirmation of which will be sent by post. We were well relieved (but at a further cost of £4 odd for phone call).

So to sum up, it has cost me a £42 booking fee & £7.64 in call charges to secure a room I did not want in the first place. :o

We must be so lucky as we have only ever once actually booked a cabin in advance and just take whatever they give us on the deck that is included in the price as a rule.

We have never been disappointed in the cabin given, (even on the Majesty when we got flooded out of our cabin so got moved twice during the fortnight). We have not had noise from the ship or the entertainment, even when almost right under Waters Edge on the Dream.

Must be really lucky. We have never really thought about the bed layout, accepting what they give us, and being fine with that, but do understand that will be important to a lot of people. Singles or L shaped seem to give a lot more room in the cabins than double beds do.

Of course if the cruise has gone up again by tomorrow, it's back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

Prices always used to be lower on Tuesday, wednesday and Thursdays....don't know if that is still the case....seemed to go up at weekends!

Prices always used to be lower on Tuesday, wednesday and Thursdays....don't know if that is still the case....seemed to go up at weekends!

Very true, you would normally book on a Friday before the weekend price hikes.

Which reminds me...

How did the September cruise booking go today Linda, or have you decided to gamble on a further price cut?

Cor look at me double quoting and stuff, does it notice that I have the day off & its too hot outside to paint the shed?

Which reminds me..

How did the September cruise booking go today Linda, or have you decided to gamble on a further price cut?

Well, since you ask! Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin!

Up early (well earlyish!) and phoned Cruise Deals as suggested by Jackie :) A very nice lady (Dawn) in Barnsley asked if I already had a price, so quoted Thomson internet price and she said she could match it, so far so good. I told her that I had to go to the building society to transfer some money into my current account. OK says she, while you do that I will check the cabins that are available.

Off I trot to the BS. The girl said I could transfer some money but it would not be in my Lloyds account until tomorrow. Mmm, I am going out tomorrow and want to sort it today, so will risk it and pay the £10 overdraft fee if necessary.

I came home and phoned CD. Dawn was busy and would phone back. About an hour later, the phone rang (well it can't do anything else really ;) ) It was another nice lady who said Dawn had asked her to check the cabins and reeled off a list, all of which were L shaped, so I asked her to check for any double or twin cabins and waited to be phoned back, and waited and waited and...............well you get the picture. Eventually, I phoned back and was told Dawn would phone me back as soon as she was free.

About 4pm the phone rang and it was another nice lady, who informed me that 660 was available, so I checked on the plan and said yes that would be fine, so she passed me over to Dawn and she apologised for not getting back to me, but they had been very busy. Anyway we went through the procedure of booking, I gave her my card number and she tried twice to put it through, but it wouldn't accept it :(

I then realized it was because the money was not in and so Dawn suggested I phoned my bank. Ha ha ha! Have you ever tried to phone a bank? No local number, just a general one and a 10 minute wait costing goodness knows how much, so off I trotted to the bank, 10 minutes away. By now it was about twenty past four. Well, I have never seen so many people in the bank! Only 1 person on the query desk, so I queued up. Then a lovely man came out of the back office and said could he help me! YES! I explained my problem, and he looked at my account and said the money was not in, did I have a credit card NO! Ah but I had an ISA and he could transfer some to my current account and it would only cost me about £7 in lost interest (better than the £25 "admin" charge at the shop) What a lovely man. I tried to ring CD on mobile, but ended up at another branch, so rushed home and phoned Dawn on the number she had given me and hey presto the card worked, so cruise booked, but was the cabin still available?? Half an hour later Dawn phoned me and said,YES, all sorted - phew'

Plotting and planning to do now then :)

Well done Linda. Your method sounds too stressful for me, but isn't it nice to have that all booked up feeling.:)

Funnily enough today we received Two separate Thomson old style booking confirmations by post, and two new style E-mail booking confirmations with the new and improved reference number containing wrongly spelt addresses etc. Still plenty of time to sort it out etc. I have made the happy discovery that if you take a page or so from each of the confirmations it may add up to one correct one.;) Anyone want to buy one of my many spare ATOL certificates. :D

Anyhow well done Linda, and you may still have all the fun of the new system multiple confirmation mails to come. :D

Adriatic Affair Vera. Dubrovnik, Koper, Venice Sibenik, Korkula and Bari.

I saw this one last week and the price dropped twice over the weekend, so decided to book. Celebration was our first cruise, so will be nice to see her again :)

Fantastic, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.:)