Can someone help explain this?

HawksFan74

We are booked on DL from SEA to MIA via LAX on Dec 5. The original schedule, which still shows up under Manage My Trip, shows:

DL2130 SEA 6:15am > LAX 9:05am

DL1182 LAX 10:05am > MIA 5:53pm

The problem is, this flight combination is no longer showing up for new bookings, and when I do a search for SEA to LAX, I see that flight 2130 is now scheduled to depart SEA at 6:40 and arrive at 10:05. This would obviously make the connection to the MIA flight impossible, but no change to our itinerary is shown in My Trips.

The other thing that is odd is that the new scheduled flight time from SEA to LAX is 3 hrs and 25 mins. This flight is typically about 2 hrs 40 mins, and I don't think I've ever seen one scheduled for more than 3 hours.

UPDATE: In the time it took me to write this post, I see that my itinerary under My Trips now shows the following message:

"There has been a change affecting your trip which may cause you to miss at least one connecting flight during your trip. Please call your local reservation office for assistance. You may be eligible to change your flight(s) at no extra cost."

I guess I will need to call Delta.

UPDATE: In the time it took me to write this post, I see that my itinerary under My Trips now shows the following message:

"There has been a change affecting your trip which may cause you to miss at least one connecting flight during your trip. Please call your local reservation office for assistance. You may be eligible to change your flight(s) at no extra cost."

I guess I will need to call Delta.

I fly Delta exclusively. After I booked our flight to Seattle for our Alaska cruise, they immediately made a time change. Fortunately we are getting into SEA earlier, which is in our favor, since we are flying in the day of sailing :eek: I know, we are taking our chances!

Call Delta and hopefully you can work something out!

Before you call, find the flights you'd prefer to be on, and suggest those when you do call.

Thanks, I did just that. We now have a 6:35 flight to ATL and arrive in MIA about an hour earlier than our original itinerary. This flight would have been my first choice when we booked, but the LAX routing was much cheaper. Now, as a result of the schedule change, we get our first choice AND the lowest price!

HawksFan,

Don't forget to monitor your flight. Delta usually makes itinerary and equipment changes during weekends. The equipment changes might kick you out of your chosen seats and are more likely to occur closer to your 12/5 departure.

FYI, when booking far out on Delta I often pray for flight changes. I'm waiting for one now!!!!

If you are not familiar with ATL you can post here again before your flight. I know that airport better than my own house. I am one among many who can help.