Any swimming w/the dolphins?

lilonepaula

Forgive me if this has been asked but I went through a few pages and didn't see it. Makes me kind of wonder if I'm the only one silly enough to ask this as if they don't have dolphins out there.:confused: Are there any excursions where you can swim w/the dophins in either Nassau,Bahamas or Key West even?

Its something my mom has wanted to do her whole life and we are taking her on a cruise in Dec.05. We were 1 of the ones who were originally booked with the Holiday in Nov. Its been cancelled but we had been on that one before and knew there were dolphin swims there.

I read there is one that takes you snorkeling for the day and you will get to see the dophins playing but there would be no swimming with them.

Is there any companies that does this independently?

You can do it in Nassau. There are two different adventures with the same place.

A dolphin swim, where you are in the water with the dolphin and get a foot push from him, or the encounter, where you stand on a low dock and pet, kiss and shake hands with a dolphin. The details are on the website. SIgn up quickly, they book up months in advance. Your cruiseship may have the "encounter" tour.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com

Oh I can not tell you how much I appreciate you responding scubagirrl!

Thank you soo much for the info. I had just assumed that there was one and we told my mom that yes we were all gonna swim with the dolphins this time. Last cruise she had just underwent open heart surgery and couldn't so I wasn't going to swim with them either knowing how bad she would want to. I just knew there would be other times and we could save up for next time...as its quite expensive isn't it? Whew! I know soo worth it though.

I've heard of the belly ride w/dolphins but didn't know they give you a foot push~how neat!

Oh I can not tell you how much I appreciate you responding scubagirrl!

Thank you soo much for the info. I had just assumed that there was one and we told my mom that yes we were all gonna swim with the dolphins this time. Last cruise she had just underwent open heart surgery and couldn't so I wasn't going to swim with them either knowing how bad she would want to. I just knew there would be other times and we could save up for next time...as its quite expensive isn't it? Whew! I know soo worth it though.

I've heard of the belly ride w/dolphins but didn't know they give you a foot push~how neat!

It's not as expensive as I thought it would be (Thank goodness). We are also doing this excusrion in December. Cant wait!

Have fun and happy cruising!

Laura

My kids ranging in ages from 21 - 16 swam with the dolphis and had a GREAT time at the dolphin encounter off Paradise Island. It was worth every penny...their mother and I paid just to stand on the dock and watch, didn't do the pet thing ! Well worth the trip if you have kids.

• 3 weeks later...

After checking the prices I see that YES it is quite expensive ($175 pp) to swim w/the dolphins. At least hubby will pay the $20 to watch/take pics. $175 x 2 is a bit much when you need solveniers,etc. but even more if we pay for my mom to go too. Glad we are saving up,lol.:eek:

Archived