gem ny to caribbean

appy ammer

thinking of doing gem from new york to caribbean in late feb what are the temp and sea conditions like also what are the alcohol prices can i obtain a present bar menu fr somewhere

Well bar drinks are around the $9-$11 range. Bucket of beer (buy 5 and number 6 is free).

It will be cold for the first day and a half when sailing down the coast. After that it will be warm enough. You won't be using the pools much.

We went this year on that itinerary in early February and when we left New York it was an Ice storm, then we had rough seas for the next day and a half with rain. Warmed up on the morning of the third day. Seas were rough on the way down and on the way back, bottles were flying off the shelves in Spinnakers. We have done this cruise before but not with the consistent bad weather. Changed my mind on sailing out of NY in the winter

Have sailed out of NYC since 2005. Sometimes it is 50 in NYC and smooth sailing, sometimes it is snowing and rough seas. Our trip Feb. 2015 was one of the worst weather wise. Rough seas all the way to San Juan and all the way back. I had already booked Feb 2016 and got a suite I've always wanted so we are trying it again. I will admit I booked Feb 2017 out of Pt Canaveral. If this past Feb had been my first NYC cruise, it would have been my last!

Took the ba to Carib last jan 4 and by noon jan 5 pax were in loungers in bathing suits

In my experience lately though January is significantly milder than feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

We've cruised many times from NYC in January or February. Be prepared for any kind of weather- from balmy days with people in the pool on the first sea day to ice and snow storms in NYC with cold days almost until San Juan. But we still love cruising at that time of year because we know we're going to warm islands for a brief respite from our cold winters.

If you decide to cruise on Feb 21, 2016, join our Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2195335&page=2

Lynn