Island Princess - C728

Lanz

We have this cabin booked and are very concerned about the reports of extreme vibration aft. Does anyone have any information about this cabin, it's one of the "new" ones since refit?

We were in cabin C718 on a 32 day cruise immediately before Island Princess went into dry dock. The vibration was really bad in this cabin and unfortunately the only available cabins for us to move to were in the same area. Because we did not want the vibration to spoil our holiday we made fun of the situation and put up with it. We really hoped that after the dry dock the vibration issue would be fixed. By reading reports seemed this did not happen. If you can change cabins I would suggest to. Sorry!

We had A726 on the star princess and the vibration was really noticeable at times. We joked that at times it was soothing and others quite annoying. I know it's not the same ship but maybe the cabin is in about the same spot

• 1 month later...
We have this cabin booked and are very concerned about the reports of extreme vibration aft. Does anyone have any information about this cabin, it's one of the "new" ones since refit?

You have a Penthouse Suite - lucky you. You're not exactly on the aft end, but you 're close to the aft. All ships vibrate on the aft, some worse than others. I saw a picture of it and it's lovely. I think you're needlessly worrying. I wouldn't want to be under the Lido deck that's for sure. We'll be on the Island Princess in December and we're also on the Caribe near the elevators. Suits me, never have heard any noise being close to them. BTW, we tried to get an aft cabin, but they were sold out.

Edited by elliair

You have a Penthouse Suite - lucky you. You're not exactly on the aft end, but you 're close to the aft. All ships vibrate on the aft, some worse than others. I saw a picture of it and it's lovely. I think you're needlessly worrying. I wouldn't want to be under the Lido deck that's for sure. We'll be on the Island Princess in December and we're also on the Caribe near the elevators. Suits me, never have heard any noise being close to them. BTW, we tried to get an aft cabin, but they were sold out.

C-728 is a mini suite all the way aft and is not a suite.

It is a newly added cabin.

C726/727 are suites.

These new cabins are said to have vibration issues.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I was in E708 (deck 8, two below Caribe) a couple of weeks ago and had no issue at all with vibration if that helps. I didn't notice any problem on the back deck either.

Thank you for your feedback. We read that a bearing was replaced which greatly reduced the vibration.

We were in A701 last week, we got off Monday just gone.

Can confirm we had and felt no vibration issues in the cabin.

Our only complaint was to many inconsiderate people insisted in letting the outer door on the Lido slam shut! Everytime it did it could be felt through the cabin. I hate to imagine what it must have been like in the room directly underneath it!!!

But there was no vibration from the engine and yes it was one of the newly added rooms.

Jules

You may have read my report on aft cabins on the Island. Our room vibrated so much that the light bulbs unscrewed!!! We were on a cruise to the Panama Canal, and our cabin would never get cool, being on the end and next to the aft outside door. We would never book a cabin on the aft of the Island again.

I was in E708 (deck 8, two below Caribe) a couple of weeks ago and had no issue at all with vibration if that helps. I didn't notice any problem on the back deck either.

Thanks so much, I'm going to stop worrying as my Mom use to say "it is what it is"😃

You may have read my report on aft cabins on the Island. Our room vibrated so much that the light bulbs unscrewed!!! We were on a cruise to the Panama Canal, and our cabin would never get cool, being on the end and next to the aft outside door. We would never book a cabin on the aft of the Island again.

The light bulbs unscrewed?? Me thinks this is a way of deflecting interest in these cabins so the competition isnt as great for what I think is the best location on the ship IMHO no flame-ons please.

The light bulbs unscrewed?? Me thinks this is a way of deflecting interest in these cabins so the competition isnt as great for what I think is the best location on the ship IMHO no flame-ons please.

I think you may be on to something.

Sorry, but this is a true story, 2 different times!!! No competition from us though. We like the International Café too much to book the Island again:p

I called princess about one month ago as I was concerned about the vibration issue in the new aft cabins. I finally spoke with a supervisor who checked the complaint logs since the May 22 sailing ( after dry dock ) and according to her the only complaints that were recorded , had to due with noise coming from the teen centre! We are sailing Sept 19th, keeping my fingers crossed that any vibration won't be any worse than other ships' aft cabins!

No fairy tale...

We had C728 through the Panama Canal, pre Island hatchet job, and the vibration was tolerable until we hit about 20 knots. Thankfully we were not at full speed on too many occasions, but when we were, the vibration was significant.The reason the light bulbs unscrew is because the little shade that is on the lamps starts to shake when at full speed and wants to rotate. I took the shades off, problem solved.

We had the opposite problem with the A/C. The thermostat was set to "freeze them out" and could not be changed. The room steward (Ben, one of the best we have ever had) noticed it on the second day and called maintenance. They had to replace a large part of the unit above the ceiling, but the fix worked and the temp was comfortable the rest of the cruise.

I called princess about one month ago as I was concerned about the vibration issue in the new aft cabins. I finally spoke with a supervisor who checked the complaint logs since the May 22 sailing ( after dry dock ) and according to her the only complaints that were recorded , had to due with noise coming from the teen centre! We are sailing Sept 19th, keeping my fingers crossed that any vibration won't be any worse than other ships' aft cabins!

Complaint logs??? :eek:

Hi Osofish2; I looked over the review section, first with the Ship's name leading, then with the PC heading, and could not locate your write-up. Can you please post a link, or give me an indication of where I might find it? What cabin number were you in?

Thanks, Scanditaly

p.s. any photos?????